Chapter ☢︎☢︎

Heavy footsteps... The cold surface underneath her body... She fluttered her eyes open... She saw his big strong purple paws dragging her somewhere. But there was nothing to hide a prey in? He stopped in front of a huge container it seemed and opened it.

"W...Wait..." She whispered almost inaudible before she was dropped down the container and fell onto a concrete floor. "Ow..." She stuttered before getting startled by an alarm going off. The wall started moving towards her! Even though she was badly hurt, she got up fast and started to find a way out.

She quickly climbed up and escaped out of the garbage compressor. She let herself drop on the ground and saw an emergency exit door. She went through it and came right back to the place where she was just left by the monster that dragged her.

Suddenly something grabbed her from behind, two strong arms wrapping around her torso. "Y/N!! ACK..-!" Out of reflex, she elbowed whatever was grabbing her and hit it right in the face. She turned around to see... "NOT COOL Y/N!! Right on the nose!??" Cuphead yelled in pain as he held his nose. "Cups!!" She exclaimed and hugged him tightly.

"Oh now we're giving affection?" He groans before hugging her back. "Thought I lost you babe..." He muttered in her shoulder. After a few moments of hugging, they let go of each other and stood back up. "Where are we..?" She asked and Cuphead shook his head. "I wish I knew. I remember being surrounded by flames and the train. I couldn't find you so I went to search for you, but before I knew it I was taken by that monster!" Cuphead explained.

"Monster..." Y/n muttered before her eyes landed on a tv screen. "Hey look at that! A tv for a VHS Tape, we should find it and watch it, maybe we can finally get answers." She said as they started to look around the place. "Got it! It's called 'Claire Harper Debrief'." Cuphead said as he put the tape in the player.

"
Alright Miss Harper, please explain the situation.
Spare no detail.

Well, like any night, all the children were getting to sleep. It was peaceful, quiet.
Catnap had the red smoke in the room. Then suddenly, there's this scream.
Nightmares happen, I know, but this... I mean, dilated pupils and quivering lips.
The way her eyes darted around the room?
And I swear, her hand in mine, it felt like her blood was boiling beneath her skin...
She saw something too, something horrible! She-
I-I'm sorry, I don't mean to...

Miss Harper, we'll provide the very best care we can offer, you have my word.
But this is important.
Did Marie happen to describe what she saw?

Yes, a monster she said, she said it was... colorless...
Gosh, I could feel her poor little heart pounding.
For her it was right there!
A-And her movements, they were so wild! Arms flailing, legs kicking...

Hmmm...

I... I wanted to talk to her. She how she's doing.
I just... I really need to hear her voice right now.

That would not be advised, Miss Harper.
There are many concerns we must address at this time.
But vitals show normal, and we'll continue to monitor.
She'll be okay.

NO! Well, pardon me if I'm not comforted by that!
Just bring my little girl back to me...
"

"Gosh... That sounds terrible..." Y/n whispers after the tape stops playing. "Nightmares... It doesn't sound like nightmares to me if the kid could still see the monster after she was awake..." Cuphead muttered. "I don't think this 'red smoke' causes only nightmares, but hallucinations too..." He adds and she nods.

"We might stay away from the 'red smoke' then..." She says and he nods in agreement. They turn around to find a way to proceed their mission. "Hey, look at that. A battery, probably to be put... here?" Y/n mentions as she climbs over the pile of boxes and plugged the battery in its case. "I've got another one!" Cups exclaims and plugs the other battery into the wall as well.

The hand scanner lits up. "We don't have the grab pack!" Y/n panics but before they could think of a way to get out, they heard two yells behind them. Cuphead steps in front of y/n as they hear footsteps coming closer. "Wait, that sounds like..-" Y/n begins.

"I'M SORRY GOD!! I'M SORRY GOD!! I'M SORRY GOOOOOOD!!" They both heard Devil cry with Dice following close behind. "Every building has an exit!! WHERE IS THE EXIT??!!" Dice yelled panicing. They bursted through the door and came to a halt when they saw their co-workers.

"CUPHEAD!? Y/N?!" They said at the same time. "BOSS?! BOSS NUMBER TWO?!" Cuphead and y/n exclaimed in disbelieve. "What are you two doing here??" Devil asked. "We are wondering the same thing!" Cuphead exclaims.

"We were at the Casino discussing about you three being absent for a while and then suddenly this box appeared on my desk and then BOOM!! We were dragged into the box and... Well, here we are!" Devil explained still confused about everything.

"Where is Mugman anyway?" Dice asked looking around the room. "Mugman died during our last fight with one of the bigger toys..." Y/n said as Cuphead looked away, remembering every moment of what happened to Mugman. "Oh... Uhhh... Sorry for your loss..." Dice said and Devil nods along.

"Not trying to sound cruel but... we might want to press on. We just saw what's haunting is now, so we might wanna keep going." Devil says turning to the door and the hand scanner. "Hey, my grabpack!" Y/n exclaimed and saw it was equipped with a blue hand again. "Yeah, it was missing a part but we found a hand just like this green one and popped it on. Works perfect for me." Devil says.

"Red and blue hands are used to scan platforms like these to open doors that are locked with a security system. The green hand can grab power from a power provider and it hold the power for 10 seconds. The blue hand can also hold power, but you need to keep it connected with the power provider." Y/n explains and Devil nods. "Will do." He says and places the blue hand on the scanner.

After a few seconds the door opens revealing a hallway. "I'm not listening to a single cutout ever again. I hate it here, and I wanna get out." Y/n says and everyone agrees. They go around the corner and hear a phone ring. "Where is that coming from?" Cuphead asks. Devil had already found a power source for the green hand.

"Power goes here!" Y/n calls as she, Dice and Cuphead were at a new door, where the ringing sound got louder. Devil provides the monitors with power and the door opens revealing the phone that was ringing. "Hello?" Y/n answers the phone.

"Hey... Hey, can you hear me?"
"Yes, I hear you!"
"You look kinda lost."
"How do you know-?"
"I don't want you to die, so I'm gonna help you!"

"Think this boy in an NPC, he's pre programmed." Y/n says to the other who nod understandingly.

"Hey, check this out! Look at the tube thing at the back wall. Ready?"
"Huh?" They all turn towards the tube the kid was talking about.
"BUH-BOOM!"

A second later, a battery shows up at their end of the tube. "Oh wow, look at that!" Dice exclaims taking the battery. "This kid's great, I can tell." "Shhh!" They all shush him.

"You can use that battery to open the door!"
"Gee, thanks kid!" Dice places the battery in its place and the door opens. "Amazing!"

They all walk through the door and find a terrible discovery...

TBC...