Phase 3 - Forgotten Phoenix (Chapter 15)

Forgotten Phoenix Chapter 15: Nightmare - Aiden's Resolve

Aiden's POV

I walk out of the room grabbing a gray cloak and placing it over my head, teleporting to a vast mountain range full of stone and scorch marks. "Where are you?" I mutter as I wander the area finding small creatures looking to the top of the mountain before jumping down into a nearby valley, using a small flame to give some extra light in the foggy place when a black figure rushes me. Drawing CrossFire and ducking under its swing before cutting it in half before jumping into the air and slashing another behind me down the middle. I land, crouched just after a giant footstep is heard behind me.

"There you are." I mutter. Turning I look up, my head covered by a gray cloak, so I have to move slightly to spot the creature. Diocide.

"Foolish mortal. If you think beating those creatures has made you tough then you will die. Those were...!"

"...but the weakest of your minions. We've been through this song and dance too often."

"Tch. Take the hood off and I may spare you again."

I roll my eyes. "Make me."

A few of the rocks then burst from the ground attempting to hit me jumping back and avoiding the attack, I draw my new gun I fire it at one of the rock formations causing it to collapse back in to the wall of the valley the other rushing towards me attempting to hit me directly on my face before I begin running up one of the walls jumping off as the golem jumps to meet me crashing into the wall I raise my blade pointing towards the wall.

BleakFire! The blade emits a dark flame completely incinerating the golem, leaving no trace of its existence. Landing I slowly walk towards the beast. My hood falling off my head revealing myself to the dragon.

"Remember me now, Diocide?"

"Well, If it isn't Aiden Phoenix. I told you not to return unless you lost someone important to you."

"You've told me not to return for a lot of things. The difference is that unlike those times I'm not here for the hell of it, nor am I here because I wanted to mess around and have a good fight."

Diocide leans forward, Good, I have his interest. "Then why are you here?"

"I come seeking guidance from a dragon prince."

"And what would a Devil, a Phoenix at that want to learn from me?"

"Recently I lost my best friend by my fathers' hands. I seek your advice. Knowing of your past."

"You seek my advice? What is your goal now that he is dead?"

"To kill the man who killed my best friend."

"And do you have the mindset to kill this man? Would you kill him if given the chance?"

I pass for a second before steeling myself. "Yes."

Diocide glares down at me. "Prove it."

I'm puzzled at first before dodging to the side as I see father standing behind me with a scowl. Releasing another fireball I catch it with CrossFire before launching it back. Father dodges before launching three sets of flames my way. In which I  successfully dodge the first two am forced to absorb the third and run forward I launch my own fireballs catching father off guard at the range I'm willing to fire from blocking in time. He then bursts forward prepared to strike me down. Reacting in time I cut his arms off. Landing in front of father begging for his life trying to regenerate but being unable to due to CrossFire. I walk forward placing the blade to fathers neck.

"Do it. Aiden, show that you'll resolve to it and it's future that follows from it."

What follows from it...? I take the blade away from my father's neck and walk away placing my sword in the sheath.

"Do you have your answer, Aiden?"

"Yes

Teaser End.