Phase 4 - Swords and Magic (Chapter 40)

"Is everything ready?"

Ian Star (The Character not the author) sighs standing up. "As ready as it can be."

Maka Albarn glances between the pair. "What's going on?"

"We've got several witches above ground Medusa Gorgon, Eruka Frog, and the Mizune siblings, along with the Demon Sword, Crona, "Death 13" Free, and a clone of myself." Ian informs everyone taking the pseudo role of leader and plan maker.

Maka glares at Ian. "Why a clone of yourself?"

"Because, I'm a double agent. My orders from my main boss were to come to the school, value the power output of souls, Kill or defeat the witch Clarissa Star, and hunt down the old arachnophobia Faction. However, my current boss..." He points to Stein. "...figured out that the school nurse was a witch with my help and enlisted me to go undercover."

Death the Kid nods. "You needed her to trust you, so you sold us out."

"Wrong. I bailed out Free, and protected Medusa against witches who were against her. My ultimate goal right now under orders of Dr, Stein are to kill the Kishin, and imprison the escaped convict Free."

Dr. Stein steps forward. "Listen up. What he speaks is the truth. We've got an emergency on our hands. Below the DWMA sleeps a Kishin... the source of all madness in the world."

Ian shrugs. "Most of."

Stein rolls his eyes. "Whatever. You should know, our school nurse Medusa is a witch... she snuck into the academy to revive the Kishin."

"And to study the effects of her black blood on both a Star & on a weapon/meister pair. We must stop this at all costs."

Maka looks down dumbfounded. "Dr. Medusa is actually a witch...? That's crazy."

Soul Eater Evans glances around the others. "And this Kishin, too...? How's something like that beneath the school?"

Kid nods. "It's true. My father explained everything it to Ian & I... in order to keep the Kishin sleeping, safe and sound... my father cannot ever leave the academy."

"Huh...? So there's a reason Lord death never goes anywhere...? I always thought he just wasn't much of a people person..." Black Star says offhandedly.

Ian turns opening the pathway before them. "Let's move. Certain people will have to fight certain targets... Maka, Soul, as the pair who have black blood in their system you'll fight Crona & the demon sword. Black Star, Kid, Matoi, and I will try to reach Eruka & Free and stop them from injecting the Black Blood into the Kishin, Professor, I'm trusting Medusa to you. Tomoe, you need to defeat the clone of me, if it's a straight fight with no prying eyes aside from us then he'll go easy, but if any of the enemy are in position to see the fight then prepare for a tough one."

The group all run towards the entrance. Stein opens the entrance with Ian and he both having a cigarette that is until Ryuko Matoi grabs it out of Ian's mouth and throws it to the side.

Ian hums seeing her snuff it out. "What's up?"

"We'll fight back to back at all times."

Ian chuckles. "I wouldn't have it any other way."