Phase 3 - The Sword Master (Chapter 23)

The Sword Master Chapter 23: Daniel's memories...

After the events in front of the school Ian sits in his class thinking to himself about the events that morning.

"So that's the White Dragon Emperor, Vali. His fighting style is quick and he's constantly in balance breaker. Unfortunately for not only Issei but for the rest of us, He's in the complete form." He mutters to himself...

"Unfortunately your right kid."

Ian, startled, shoots up, frantically looking around the classroom when he doesn't find anything at first he looks in front of him he notices Daniel, standing there, looking around, almost reminiscent, although, none of the others seem to recognize or even notice him. He walks around smiling at Crystia, and a few of the others.

"You again?"

"Hey, kid."

"I'm sorry, but what are you doing here?"

"Well, I guess you could say, I'm reminiscing. You ever read Attack on Titan?"

"Yeah? We're mid-battle for Shinganshina."

"Oh, that's where you're at in the story, no spoilers I guess... hm... how do I put this? I'm here for Open House...?"

"And how did you know about open house?"

"I guess you could say I've seen something like this before."

"Well, can you answer this question for me?" Daniel nods tentatively. "What exactly is the relationship between the White Dragon and the Red Dragon?"

Daniel sighs. "Sure, I can give you the details I know. When the three great powers- God and the Angels, the Fallen Angels, and the Devils- were fighting, other creatures and, well, us humans chose sides. Only a select few did not the Dragons and the Star Clan. The head of the clan at the time was a man named Andrew Jonathan Star, so, not your grandfather, but he still went by AJ. It was his decision that kept the Star Clan neutral, or at least, that was until your ancestor, his grandson, helped.

"Makes sense."

Daniel sighs walking around the room. "The majority didn't think the dragons had anything to do with them and the Star's, well they were so secluded from anything they could use to lure them out that they were able to avoid it for as long as possible. So along with the dragons they lived how they pleased. But in the midst of the war, there were two dumb ass dragons who started a big fight."

"Two? You mean...?"

"Yes, them. Not caring about the "Great War." That had taken over the world, they fought, for stupid reasons, wildly on the battlefield."

"And they fought why?"

"Unfortunately, only they would know. I don't have a clue that was around the time AJ and his wife started watching the fights. But unless something was done about those guys, the war couldn't continue. The three "great powers" called a temporary cease fire to deal with the dragons and this is where AJ stepped in. Himself being one of the best swordsmen at the time he joined in to try and lure them to a secluded location. The fighting between the dragons was so fierce that when everyone went to try and relocate them they lashed out at the leaders of the Angels, Fallen Angels, and Devils. They didn't think anyone- not even god or the devil king- should interfere with their fight. It was just payback, plain and simple."

"Jeez talk about dumbass and stubborn dragons."

"In the end, the two dragons were cut into thousands of pieces due to one of my favorite blades, and then their souls were sealed into humans as Sacred Gears. Since then, the two have used humans as intermediaries to meet and fight, time and time again."

"So those two dragons are Ddraig and Albion aka Issei and Vali. So that's what they meant."

Daniel glances to Issei. "Though uncommon, there's times where the human host dies without the two ever meeting."

"I see, so this time it's Hyodo, Huh? It's funny he's already met the other. Even if it is fate, he's a low ranking devil. There's very few ways he could beat Vali."

The bell goes off and Ian and the others are walking around school. He gets to the next class and opens the door to see two idiots trying to punch him.

"Ian, you bastard!"

Ian catches their fist looking at them with a bored expression. "The hell do you guys want?"

"We heard, Ian... even the new student, Xenovia, joined the Occult Club!" The bald boy says struggling to free his hand.

"Is it true? Why is it always, always, always you?" The other boy with glasses cries out.

"Because I'm not a pervert. Now shut up and leave me in peace."

"Not until you help us get a girlfriend! Besides you haven't made a move on Xenovia yet, right?"

A dark aura forms around Ian who clenches down on their fists. "Talk about my childhood friend in a manor I don't like, and I will mount your heads in my backyard."

Daniel smiles amused. "Different time, same result, huh boys?" He's unheard by everyone.

"Ian." Xenovia says approaching.

"Yes, Nova?" He says turning to her.

"Sorry about saying that the other day."

He goes up to her and whispers into her ear. "Let us not talk about this with these idiots here."

"That's why we should use these for practice first." She pulls out a couple of condoms surprising the boy, Daniel holding back a laugh, he swears he sees some others behind Daniel watching as well but all of them icluding Daniel vanish when he takes a second take of the events.

Teaser End.