Phase 3 - Jutsu Master (Chapter 36)

"But I want to see this Sasuke who supposedly took down Deidara." Kurotsuchi says. "Maybe gather more intel for him."

"Fine, do as you please, if he plans to fight Sasuke, he'll need all the data he can get." Onoki gives permission to Kurotsuchi.

"Who would this intel be for exactly?" Danzo asks.

"Why the king of the Uchiha Clan, Sadao Uchiha." Kurotsuchi sticks her tongue out at Danzo before jumping away.

'He made many allies before coming to Konoha, truly, the greatest threat to me as Hokage is Sadao Uchiha's influence on a global scale.' Danzo thinks to himself, cursing not only himself, but the village for allowing someone like the young Uchiha to become so strong without violence. Foo requests of Danzo to allow one of them to take Sasuke.

"All of you from the leaf. Just stay right where you ware. Lord Raikage has ordered you to." Ao shouts at them. Danzo orders his minions not to provoke a war.

Meanwhile, in the battle field, Sasuke, Jugo, and Suigetsu ready for their fight. The Raikage easily puns down Jugo, as Suigets targets C. He's however swiftly blocked by Darui. Jugo then tries to point blank attack the Raikage. In that moment of distraction, Sasuke or rather, what he thinks is Sasuke traps C in a Genjutsu, evoking the image of the Sharingan. Darui has no time to help as Akashi covers both his and C's body before the two vanish under the cloak, even the Raikage isn't fast enough to stop this. When C awakens he's in a forest, alone.

"Is this... still Genjutsu?"

"Genjutsu? Why would I have use for such foolish tricks." C looks around nervously, the voice seemingly surrounds him. "I am Akashi Yuki, technically, I don't exist at this point in the timeline, but dealing with someone as minor as you, that's an easy change one that'll go unnoticed by fate, you die within two years of this battle with Sasuke Uchiha, so killing you early won't change much." Akashi grins, his orange hair being the last thing C sees, before well, you all know. Akashi returns back to the land of iron, on the ledge overlooking the battle, he resumes his search for Danzo, Sasuke battles, A, Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro alone. He closes his eyes, and clasps his hands together, in his mind he sees a very clear picture of the entire building.

Gaara stares down Sasuke, the pair not backing down.

"You're eyes are still as they were during the Chunin exams." Gaara opens invoking the past. "I know, this may not convince you, but let me regale you for a moment. I have come to realize that making vengeance ones bread of life does not resolve everything, if not anything. And while you've done many things, some would consider irredeemable, I disagree, I believe it's not too late for you. Speaking as someone who walked this path, don't withdraw into your own world, obsessed with hatred." He speaks, someone who's struggled the same way Sasuke did. Sasuke remains silent, letting Gaara continue. "If you continue, you won't be able to return, not without heavy atonement, maybe, at worst you never will."

"So..." Sasuke starts to stand, his eyes still affixed to Gaara. "...if I were to return? What is there for me?"

"Sasuke, we were very alike once. We've both walked through the darkness, but we've both walked through the light as well. Your eyes should still recognize the faintest glimmer of it."

"I shut my eyes long ago. The things I seek now, lie only in the darkness."

"Like killing Danzo Shimura?"

"Yes."

"Then your goal isn't only found in darkness, it's a goal some in the light are striving for as well."

"Who?" Sasuke now glares at Gaara.

"Sadao Uchiha, Anzu Uchiha, Noda Isao."

"I'll kill Noda as well, he has a part in Itachi's pain."

Gaara seeds a single tear. "Then truly, Sasuke, I'm sorry, I'll capture you, and send you to Tsunade. Konoha shall deal with you." Gaara's sand erupts from his gourd, the battle continuing. It's at this moment, Akashi finds the others, though he's swiftly traced back, none of them move to catch him, he grins standing up, freeing Suigetsu, and then retreating.

"You're not gonna tell Sasuke?"

"Let's let them fight some more, I don't want to change things too much." Akashi grins. He watches Sasuke Destroy the pillars, forcing Gaara to defend everyone, in that moment, he and Akashi leap to the next level alone.

"Have you found Danzo, Akashi?"

"Heh, you still doubt me, fool?"

"Akashi!"

"Yeah, yeah."

"Then take me there."

Teaser End.