Infliction

She loved to lie on the grass sometimes. She loved to feel the grass on her body. It relieved her. She closed her eyes slowly. She inhaled. And she exhaled.

"What are you doing, you idiot?!" she recognises this voice. It's tough, and it is yelling. It is always yelling.

She said nothing.

"Don't you have a goddamn school to attend?! Am I paying the fees for you to skip school?! Bloody piece of waste!" she hated her uncle. "Get the fuck up, right fucking now, before I kick you out the house. Troublesome slut."

She got up, and she glared at him. She gave him a passive, cunning look. A fed-up one. She glared at his face. He had an old pair of spectacles on, and a small moustache.

"What?!" she didn't respond. "Bitch, what?!?"

He grabbed her arm and threw her inside the house. He shut the door in frustration. "Get ready, whore. I won't pay your tuition the next time if you don't go today."

Her feet moved. Her mind didn't.

She slipped into her room with a dead posture.

She grappled her uniform and wore it in anguish.

"Had breakfast, Asako?" a sweet voice it was.

"Nope." she uttered.

"Have something before you go, okay?"

"There's no time. I'm running five minutes late, already." she muttered. A cold tone.

"Here," her aunt slid some money in her pocket. "Buy something on your way. I don't want you to be hungry. Okay?"

"Mm." her aunt was the light of her darkness. She sometimes wondered what would happen to her if it weren't for her aunt. She loved her dearly.

------------------------

There was something about her eyes. Something that made Aiko a fan.

"You're beautiful,"

"I know. I know." Mei flicked her long, dense hair.

Aiko ruffled her hand through her hair. It was silk. Better than silk, in fact. And she looked stunning in anything she wore, like, the school uniform this time.

Mei was a freaking celebrity. She received the most chocolates on Valentine's. Every boy was after her. The number of proposals she got, ran high. She was perfect in every sense. Aiko was her friend--not best, just a friend.

"Girls. You know what happened today?" Mei muttered, smiling. A horde of girls surrounded her. "Ren freaking Tanaka said he likes my hair. Uh-huh?"

"He's the hottest guy in our school." someone from the girls shot up.

"Of fucking course, bitch." said another.

"Wait, the fuck. Mei, do you like him?!?!" someone asked.

"Maybe." Mei grinned. Aiko looked at her. Expressionless. She wanted to say something. But she didn't.

"Oh-ho. Let's take that as a yes, girls. Mei likes Ren. Start the wedding preparation, already." someone else laughed.

"Oh, stop it." Mei laughed. A fake one. She loved receiving compliments. She was addicted to them.

Everyone laughed. Aiko didn't. She was in the background, unnoticed. Jealous.

Aiko was just Mei's friend. But she wanted to be more.

She liked Mei. And to some extent, she thought Mei liked her too. And she won't let some newbie random handsome guy take her away from her. She has to do something before that.

-------------------------

There were a million things Keiko hated. On top of that list was her piano class.

She hated sitting on that metallic chair. She hated that coldness. She was sitting before a gigantic piano, and her fingers were inches above the keys. There was a small notebook before her. Lyrics and tunes were written on it.

Behind her was a shadowy figure. He was wearing spectacles. He wasn't too old. Nor too young. Somewhere in the middle rested his youth.

"Start now."

Keiko's fingers grinded up on the piano. Her eyes were fixed on the notebook. Her fingers continued to dance over the keys. But her mind was in the middle of nowhere. It was hoping she didn't make any mistake. Any mistake.

Keiko continued to fiercely play the piano. As fast as she could, as decently as possible, she wanted this to end early. Keiko's fingers were moving furiously.

"Keiko?" the voice came from behind her.

"Yes, Mr Sasaki?" Keiko's fingers came to a dramatic stop. Sweat from her forehead dropped to her feet.

"I think," she hated this part. She knew exactly what he would say. "I think, you played a tone off-track."

"Oh, b-but I don't t-think so." Keiko murmured. She was shaking.

"SHUT UP." Sasaki yelled. "I said, it's wrong. It's fucking wrong." Keiko froze. She was and was not expecting that.

His tone dramatically turned sweet. The color of his eyes darkened. "You know what this means, don't you?"

"Uh," she did.

Sasaki, in a swift, swivelled Keiko's chair towards him. He grabbed her waist and pulled her skirt off. He stabbed his fingers inside of her.

Keiko knew what was happening. But somehow, she couldn't stop him. There was a fear inside her. Not like this was the first time it was happening.

As the maniac continued to abuse her, Keiko, lifeless, stared at a glass of water resting on one side of the piano. A tiny ant grovelled across the piano and began climbing the glass of water. Just as it reached the top, it clumsily toppled inside. It struggled at the surface for sometime. It stopped after that. It sunk at the bottom of the glass. Dead.