Nightfall

Her shoes made a weird noise as she pushed the front door. "I'm home, Sakura,"

Asako stepped into the house, sighing. Ugh, that project was such a tragedy. I should've just stayed home.

She gently removed her shoes near the shoe stand, still standing close to the entrance.

That was when her swivelling eyes caught the sight of something on the floor--something so brutal, so eerie and mysterious. Something dark and cerise.

"Sakura?" Asako called out loudly. Tense lines formed on her forehead. "SAKURA!?!?"

The dysfunction washed her hands in the faucet, sweeping the blood away. She let out a heavy sigh, before walking towards Asako. Keep trying to trigger me, bitch, and you'll see what I'm capable of.

She saw her, standing near the door with a fearful expression, pointing her finger at something on one corner of the floor. The dysfunction's eyes swirled towards that corner.

She walked closer, leaning and crouching.

"Oh, my," Sakura groaned. FUCK!

"How'd that get in here, Sakura?" Asako mumbled, crouching up to Sakura's height. They both stared into that small, cerise red patch of blood.

Sakura looked into the patch, unresponsive. Because, I was too engrossed in stabbing the fuck out of Miyagi and forgot to clean it, bitch. What else?

Sakura heaved, blowing air out of her lips and trying to remain calm--even though she clearly was NOT. "Um, well, I don't know, dear,"

Asako raised her head to meet Sakura's level. "Are you serious? You were in the house all the time! And you don't know?"

"Yeah, I really don't know," the dysfunction groaned. "Oh, crap, maybe I do--ah, right. I recall it, actually."

Asako agnostically stared at Sakura as the latter continued. "I was chopping apples, you know. And I was so clumsy, I hurt my own finger, haha! That thing in there is probably my blood, ya know."

"Wha-" Asako turned her eyes to look at Sakura's fingers--and strangely, there was no wound. "I see,"

"Mm-hmm," Sakura smiled concisely. I swear to god, this bitch is dying today.

"But why were you chopping apples close to the front door-? There's a kitchen for that, I guess?" Asako had a sceptical face.

The smile on Sakura's face faded. I'm at my limit now.

"Yeah, well, um, I was jus' hungry, you know," the dysfunction laughed, trying to convince Asako. "Plus, it just feels so cool in here, near the front door--what a nice environment, right?"

Asako was still sceptical and unconvinced. She walked inside the house. "Whatever, just clean it up--it looks horrible."

Sakura sighed, walking behind her. "Yep, for sure,"

Asako was about to step in her room when she stopped--recalling something.

"Oh, by the way," Asako turned towards Sakura.

Sakura stared at the teenager. Ugh, what now?

Asako slowly walked towards Sakura. "I had this small diary. It was indigo in colour. I've been looking for it for quite some time. You seen it around?"

Sakura was stunned for a moment. How does this bitch manage to remember something as insignificant as that-? It's been a fuckin' month since I smothered it.