Dysfunction

"Are you Sakura Murakami?"

"Uh, yes,"

"Is this your residence?"

"Yeah,"

"How many people are in this house, right now?"

"Um, there's me, and uh, um, my two nieces, Ishi and Emiko. But may I know what this is about?"

"There's been a murder in the house in front of yours. And we have been tipped that the murderer's hiding in your house."

"Uh, is that so? I mean, uh, it's not at all true. I, um, barely knew that man."

"Okay, can we check the entire house once?"

"Uh, sure, but don't you guys need a warrant for that?"

"No, not necessarily. We're just checking the house and looking for anything actually suspicious--if there's nothing of that sort in your house, then you should have no problem in allowing us. Right?"

"Um, okay, sure,"

But the knife with which Keiko'd stabbed Sasaki was still on the kitchen counter--left partially cleaned with stains of blood. And the bag of money that Asako got from her aunt was right at the police's plain sight.

Keiko and Asako stared at the cops helplessly.

--------------------------------------------

"Keeping all the evidences and testimonies in mind, the court sentences Aiko Fujiwara to six years at a juvenile rehabilitation centre for the murder and subsequent assault of Mei Yamamoto,"

It had been exactly six years since Aiko was sentenced.

Aiko walked out of the prison. She'd been cut from the outside world for six years. She had even forgotten how old she was.

Sunlight hit her face as she finally walked out. Breeze blew her hair. She finally had freedom.

She noticed herself at the window of a parked car. She shook her head with disbelief--she couldn't believe the girl in the mirror was her. She was unbelievably pretty.

--------------------------------

"The police have cracked the cases within hours,"

Sakura sighed.

"It is an amuse how they caught two different murderers at the same time, at the same place."

Sakura sighed again.

"Asako Watanabe and Keiko Hayashi were both apprehended after the police received an anonymous tip. Both were wanted criminals for two different cases. The police have also found strict evidence against each of them. Upon rigorous questioning, the truth has come up in the following manner."

Sakura got off her bed. Expressionless, she headed for the couch. She noticed Asako's indigo diary, something that she'd been aware of the entire time it was in the house.

"Asako, apparently looted and killed her own guardians, and ran away from her home. She duped a young woman, Sakura Murakami, into giving her shelter at the latter's house. Simultaneously, Keiko Hayashi murdered her piano teacher, David Sasaki, after he allegedly tried to sexually abuse her."

Sakura smiled and grabbed the diary. She opened it. A crazy grin appeared on her face. She began to read it with a hideous look on her face.

"As fate would have it, Sakura's house and Sasaki's house were directly opposite to each other, and due to this, Sakura and Asako witnessed Keiko murder her teacher. Clueless as to what to do, they rushed into the house and feeling sympathy for their new friend, they decided to help her cover up the murder."