Aghasted

"Oh my god, Miyagi."

She hurried towards the rotting doctor.

"Get them off me!" the old man cried. "GET THESE FUCKING RATS OFF ME!"

He sounded as if he was almost out of life. And, yes, he was.

Asako could still not believe what she was staring at. She was disgusted at the sight of those creepy, furry mice who just wouldn't stop tearing and worsening Miyagi's wounds. But she knew that she could do more than just stare and frown.

She noticed a box cutter kept on a dusty table nearby. And she grabbed it.

Slash.

She hurled the knife close to the mice, trying to scare them--and they indeed brisked away timidly, revealing Miyagi's grotesque wounds. Asako held back the urge to throw up.

Miyagi then groaned, trying to free himself off the chains. And, well, of course, he couldn't.

"Fuck. I'll look for the key." Asako gulped, too absorbed with what was happening.

She searched the basement in a hurry, hoping to find the damn key to the chains. But, alas, she couldn't. And that was when she noticed a weird hacksaw on one corner of the demented basement.

"I-I think this would do." Asako was shaking--shaking as she walked towards Miyagi and grabbed those fat chains. And she rigorously began to rub the blade against them.

"Asako, listen to me..." Miyagi grumbled--frail was his voice. "It was her..."

Asako leaned closer to hear properly, still fraying the hacksaw. "Hm?"

"It was Sakura," he grumbled again. "It was Sakura who did this to me!"

"What!?" Asako knew she hadn't heard correctly--she just did. What she was yet to know was the fact that how terribly wrong she had been this whole time.

"Asako, she isn't who you think she is." Miyagi gulped, trying to speak with whatever was left of him.

"Sakura is the one who killed all those schoolgirls -- and she framed that pedophile for everything... she is a manic sociopath from the inside, Asako. She stabbed me and locked me down here to decay and die."

A very frigid chill of anxiety ran down her spine and the hacksaw brisked down Asako's hands. "Wha-? What are you trying to say?"

"Do not trust her. Never in the least." he murmured.

She did think Miyagi was lying -- she just wasn't ready to believe it. But then a haunting realisation hit her.

'How did this blood get in here, Sakura?'

'Ah, it's nothing, dear... I was just chopping apples and hurt my finger,'

'You were chopping apples by the house entrance? Isn't there a kitchen for that?'

'Um, well, I don't know. The ambience in here is so cool, don't you think, hm?'

'Probably --,and, wait, did Dr Miyagi come for my session?'

'Nope. He didn't.'

'That's strange.'

It was almost as if all of the world had suddenly twisted before her.

"She told me that she was bullied when she was a teen," Miyagi continued, struggling to utter each word as he spoke. "She was bullied because she liked some pretty girl. And that wounded her on the inside--and it was this wound that lead her to snap... and kill,"