𝟙𝟟

𝒢𝑒𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒 𝒫𝒪𝒱

It was easier to walk in now, an exasperated smile on my lips as I pushed through the doors looking around for a familiar pair of eyes. My skin lights up with the color of the pub's namesake, loud chatter rising over the thin veil of smoke from the few lit cigarettes in the room.

I catch Cameron's surveying eyes sitting at the bar, looking really good with his dark curly hair and hazel eyes reflecting the blue of the room, as well as the gold from the dim lights that lit up the impressive assortment of alcohol that sat gloriously front and center.

From what I could see, he was wearing cream slacks and a stylish shirt, buttoned down to expose his collarbone. Suddenly, I feel underdressed.

"George." He grins, standing up and pushing my chair out. "You look amazing."

"You look more so." I tell him nervously. Ok, now stop talking to the Queen of England and flirt. "That's your color."

"Oh yeah?" He asks. "Can you see it?"

"Yes of course...it's red." I try. His smile ramps up cheekily and I try again. "Green, orange...okay there are literally no colors left."

"It's grey. You're so colorblind you forgot the obvious choice." He laughs, taking a sip out of the half empty glass in his hand. "Hey..."

He trails off and my smile fades, breath catching as he reaches up and shifts my hair away from the bandage I tried and failed to hide. "I fell at work." I chuckle, as he drops his hand. "Typical me being stupid and clumsy."

"You are pretty uncoordinated." Cameron agrees. I glare and he laughs, signaling to the bartender. "Anything he wants. Put it on my bill."

"That's not necessary." I protest but he shakes his head, gesturing toward the small TV that displayed today's specials.

I bite my lip, but ultimately give in at the thought of the pleasant buzz that will take all my problems away with a few sips. "Surprise me. But nothing too strong please." The bartender nods, her braid swishing behind her back as she lets her creativity run wild.

"So, you've been MIA these last few classes. What's going on?" He asks, swirling his drink. The ice tinkles against the sides of the glass as he raises it to his lips.

"I was overworking myself." I look at my hands. "But a friend and a granite slab knocked some sense into me. I think I'm going to stick to morning shifts. Cut down to one or two night shifts a week."

"That's a good plan. Being the smartest person in the room and working ten hours a day isn't a very good combination." He watches as the bartender places a drink embellished with a lemon slice down next to me. I place a dollar tip for her and take a sip. "Is it any good?"

"Really good actually. I was fully expecting to hate it." I take another sip, smacking my lips. "What did you get?"

"Just a vodka cran." He drains the rest of the glass. "Didn't want to get into anything too expensive before you got here."

"Can't show off when I'm not here." I wink and he snorts.

"Exactly." He takes a moment to stare at me, and I swallow my insecurities, showing him a small smile. "You really are beautiful." Cameron murmurs, looking down into his glass with a blush.

"How much have you had?" I joke, taking a rather large gulp.

"Enough to be a tad bit more bold than I usually am. Don't worry it'll go away with tomorrow's hangover." He says, watching as I wipe my bottom lip.