intro

The Avengers were void of emotion. Or at least they tried to be. Someone on the team had died, but none of them really liked her. They all acted like this sudden death didn't affect any of them.

Why did it hurt so bad if they didn't like her?

Perhaps, it wasn't that they didn't like her, they were just jealous. Jealous of her hand-to-hand combat, her strength, stamina, agility, knowledge, and what they didn't know, power.

It was a Tuesday, early in the morning, around 2 a.m. They all were abruptly woken from their slumber by an ear-piercing scream. All of them quickly scattered up the stairs to the source of the scream, realizing it came from the one person none of them quite trusted yet, even after four years. Vision was the one to open the door and step in, only to quickly step out.

"What happened, Vis?" Wanda had asked, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Uhm, I-, I believe she has committed what you call suicide." He stammered out a reply.

Everyone's eyes went wide and instantly started piling into the room to see if it was true. There were a multitude of reactions. Most of disappointment, but not at themselves, oh heavens no. Heaven forbid they did something wrong.

The Avengers were disappointed at her for taking the easy way out, for not pushing through the tough times. What they didn't know was the fact she had been pushing through the consistent abusive tendencies from her 'teammates' for several years. She simply had enough of them. 

Enough of the abuse. 

Neglect. 

Mistreatment. 

Assault. 

Manipulation. 

Yelling.

Orders.

Carelessness.

She needed a break. But every-time she tried to escape it, something would come up. Whether it be a mission, needing to debrief a mission, paperwork, or Tony's useless parties for anything he deemed good.

Only three wore a saddened expression, Pepper, Peter, and Vision. 

Peter was upset because that was his girlfriend, laying in a pool of her own blood. Pepper was crying due to seeing her daughter's lifeless body lying in front of her. Vision was sad because he knew everything she went through, her darkest secrets. He was the only one she trusted. He knew how the Avengers treated her, he always tried to get them to be nicer. It never worked, they'd just wave him off.

Everyone slowly started to walk around her room taking in what it looked like, none of them never had ever been in it. Natasha was the one who walked over to the bed, finding a closed box with a note on top.

"Hey guys, I found a note." She announced, everyone walking over towards her.

"What does it say?" Steve asked, peering over her shoulder, encouraging Natasha to start reading it.

"Dear,

Peter B. Parker, Anthony E. Stark, Loki Laufeyson, Thor Odinson, Steve G. Rodgers, James B. Barnes, Wanda D. Maximoff, Natalia A. Romanov, Pietro D. Maximoff, Robert B. Banner, James R. Rhodes, Virginia P. Potts, Clinton F. Barton, and Vision. 

All will be explained in what the box contains, so hopefully you'll be able to trust me enough for once in the four years we've known each other to actually listen to me. 

I'll also explain myself a bit in this note. I know you all hated me, or at least really disliked me. I know you all wondered how I was so good at most things. Simple answer really, I am an immortal shape-shifter. Having said that, not only could I shape-shift into other animals, I could also change identities. 

I'd say I hope my death doesn't bother you too much, but I know it won't. Fuck you all for making me feel like such an inferiority to you. None of you cared, besides Vision.

I appreciate your help too Vis, but I had once told you they'd push me past my breaking point, and it happened. 

Look through the items the box contains, watch them, and maybe you'll understand my point of view.

 -S.S."

The room was completely silent after, some of them accepting they played a part in her suicide. Natasha opened the box and everyone saw thirteen initial labeled VHS tapes, plus one number labeled one.

"Let's go see what she has to say to us." She spoke, lifting the box and walking out of the room to the living room.

Everyone soon followed, sitting down on the couch while Natasha pulled out the first tape.

"The initials are..."