Chapter Thirty-Six | Desire

"His Highness the first prince is here."

"Come in."

The soft voice of a little girl responded. The guards opened the door and politely moved aside with their head low to let the boy behind come in. It was an adolescent boy in early teens with hair and eyes that resembles purest gold and silver. His overall attire screams rich, and there's an excited smile plastered upon his youthful face.

Yet when he finally step foot into the room, he gulped nervously. He knew his reason for coming here was to approach this little girl, his younger sister, and become close, yet he's so nervous because this is the first time he's meeting with her after a long time and he have no idea how he was supposed to act friendly.

His only reference was his one and only close friend, his study mate, but it's also can't be relied too much because the said person not really have a friendly personality.

He stepped into the room and saw a girl with same shaded blond hair as his looking up at him with her round peridot like eyes. Autumn's breeze blowing the satins of opened window while also carrying fragrant pastel petals beside her, making the overall image resemble something out of a fairytale.

Eight years old Princess Veronique Vict was sitting on the bed with a blanket covering half of her body. An opened book about geography was placed on her lap. They made eye contact, and little Veronique smiled at him.

"I greeted his highness the first prince."

She bowed a bit without getting out of her bed. With the same smile, the girl continued.

"Welcome to my place, First brother."

Her voice was gentle and held meanings in each word. Yet the young Prince couldn't completely grasp those meanings because he's breathless by the look in her eyes.

This eight-years-old little sister of his' eyes were hallow as if they're diverted of any emotion. Even when her lips are smiling, her eyes certainly don't.

Despite that, he smiled back at the girl.

"Thank you, and nice to meet you again, little sister."

"Your Highness, it's not polite to greet from the bed. Please bow properly next time you meet His Highness."

A middle age woman suddenly appeared and reminded the Princess sternly. The young prince, Rodriguez Vict, flinched as he heard the maid voice behind him. Veronique was the one she spoke to, but the stern way that she spoke which is differ from ordinary palace servants made him scared unconsciously.

'This woman must be the nanny of Veronique. She must be teaching the Princess as well because that's not how a normal nanny behaved to a Princess.'

His heart almost jumped from shock when the expressionless little girl suddenly frowned and said begrudgingly.

"I understand."

Rodriguez watched the nanny passed him and helped the girl leaving the bed slowly. The little Princess made eye contact with him again, pointing at the sitting area.

"First brother, let's talk over there."

The first prince saw the circular table. He took a sit first, then observed the green eyed girl having difficulty to find her balance and walk steadily. He watched this with concern.

"Your Highness, shall I carry you?"

Little Veronique frowned again.

"No need."