Chapter 2

Amongst murmuring ruins and singing tombs 

My Love for You wanders, wholly bemused; 

Bereft of consolation; left alone. 

Never emotion was to me a foe, 

Yet with a fierce assault it seeks to break- 

Mukuro stopped writing as she had no more ideas. Writing short notes and verses substituted her desire to share what had happened during the day with someone else. There was only Junko and she did not care, so writing became her alternative. Even if her sister had been willing to listen, Mukuro feared that she would somehow disappoint her. 

The dorm's door suddenly opened, whamming against the adjacent wall. Mukuro hastily threw her notebook into the bin, standing up to greet her sister. She loved her very much; not greeting her properly would make her feel ashamed, and she never wanted it to seem like a routine, but like a passion. 

''Hi, Junko.'' Mukuro beamed. She approached Junko to take her bag, but was pushed away in response, muttering, ''I'm sorry.'' 

Marching towards her bed with majestic pomp, Junko eventually settled down, scribbling something on her hand with a red pen. Then, with expressive disapproval, she spat on her hand, wiping the words away. 

Thinking that she could resume writing, Mukuro returned to her desk, but before she sat down, Junko started talking to her in a strangely congratulatory tone. 

''Well, was I not right? A little bit more training from the ultimate Fashionista and even a scab like you will attract some boys!'' Though happy, Junko never failed to insert something snide or malicious, regardless of what she was saying. ''But, sis! Sis, sis, sis! You're given advice from the prettiest girl in Japan, but still think that it's okay for you to hang around with some losers? I always thought that stupidity has its limits and that you've reached them, but it seems like you're an expert in disappointing me. Seriously! Out of all people, you had to choose that creepy tramp and that wimp Makoto!'' 

''I-I'm sorry... that was a mistake. Nagito asked me something...'' Mukuro explained. Throwing insults and calumnies was usual for Junko, but this time Mukuro felt frustrated after hearing her sister insult Makoto.

''Yeah, right, 'sorry'. Both of us know that you won't learn a thing and'll repeat making the same mistakes until you finally kick the bucket.'' Junko said, stomping with her heels to drill her point in. ''Don't you get it?! My reputation is hurt every time you pull up doing something idiotic! People wonder: 'how could the ultimate Fashionista's sister be some insignificant, disgusting, filthy idiot in comparison'? I wonder, too, big sis! I wonder too! It's almost miraculous how much of a mistake you're!''

Having finished her speech, Junko threw herself on Mukuro's bed, sighing heavily and striking the bed frame with her heels.  

''I-I'm really sorry, Junko... I'll reform my conduct.'' Mukuro apologised, somewhat pleasurably, as she knew that her sister's complaint has reached its end.