It's Real

Chapter Five

Wendy's Apartment

Jaycee

Today's the day. Aunt Gemma is taking Juice up to her father's house against his will. Of course, I have to see them off. Pulling into the driveway I see her car already parked. Getting off my bike, I head inside and feel instantly relieved the moment my eyes land on Juice. Pulling him into my arms I breathe in his scent heavily. 

What the hell was he thinking taking Unser to meet with Chibs anyway? The way that old man is loyal to my cousin he's lucky to still be alive. 

" Why haven't you called me?! " I yell before punching him in the arm.

He slumps back knowing that my punches pack a wallop. " I'm sorry. I know I fucked up. " 

" Beyond fucked up. " I say before hugging him again. " But I'm glad that you're alright. " 

He looks like hell though. I mean, he looked like hell the last time I saw him but still... 

" You set? " Aunt Gemma asks interrupting our reunion.   

Nodding he says, " Yeah ". 

Aunt Gemma's phone rings loudly making her sigh. " Shit. It's Happy. It's the third time he's called. "

Checking my burner, I see that Chibs has called ten times. Damn, something is definitely up. Going out onto the porch I call him back. 

Jaycee where the hell are ye? 

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Where am I? " I'm enjoying some alone time. " I half lie. "  What's wrong? " 

Somethings happened. Linn's people shot up Diosa. There're bodies everywhere. It's a bloody massacre. 

" Fuck. " I say not believing it.

I'm just glad ye weren't here last night. If we had walked in to see... 

" You didn't. " I tell him in comfort. " I wasn't there and I'm fine. " 

But those poor girls on the other hand...

I don't know or want to know where ye're at but promise me ye'll stay down low. 

" I promise. " I tell him. " Let Jax know that I'm okay and that I'll call him later. " 

Will do. Stay safe, mo chridhe. 

" You too, Filip. " I say before hanging up.

Heading back inside I sigh thinking about all those poor girls. Why on earth would Linn's crew target innocents? This is MC/gang shit. Where's the honor of the code? 

" What happened? " Juice asks aunt Gemma. 

She shakes her head. " Oh, drama at Diosa. Whores will be whores. " 

" Yeah, I got the rundown from Chibs. " I tell her sadly.

She nods. " He know where you are? " 

I shake my head. " I told him I'm enjoying some alone time. "

" Good, you stay here. I got to go handle this. " She says before setting her eyes on Juice. " You sit tight. We'll leave in the morning. "

He nods not liking it one bit. " Yeah, okay. "

" All right, here. " She says as she hands him a big medicine bottle. " Smoke and sleep, baby. "

He nods and takes a seat in the dining nook. 

Once she's gone, I take one of the joints out of the bottle in his hand and light it up. " Smoke, eat, and sleep was what she meant. You're looking a little skinny. "