Volume 1 Chapter 3-The Shining Beacon, Part 2

In Beacon Academy's hall

Jaune and Ruby arrived where the ceremony is being held. They walked in.

"Ruby! Over here!" A voice called out.

They looked to see Yang calling out to her. Next to her was a girl with brown hair and a little creature in her arms.

"I saved you a spot!" Yang said.

"Oh! Hey, I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony!" Ruby told Jaune running to Yang.

"Hey, wait!" Jaune said. "Agh! Great, where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?"

He walked away and we see a girl with red hair and green eyes in bronze armor looking at him. 

"Ruby, this is Amelia and her pet Eevee." Yang said motioning to Amelia.

"Hey, Ruby, Good to see you again!" Amelia greeted.

"Hey, Amelia." Ruby greeted back.

"You two know each other?" Yang asked.

"Uh huh." Amelia nodded.

"Yup!" Ruby said.

"Ok, so how's your first day going, little sister?" Yang asked Ruby.

"You mean since you ditched me and I exploded!?" Ruby said.

"Yikes." Yang said. "Meltdown already?"

"No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school...There was some fire and I think some ice."

"Are you being sarcastic?" Amelia asked.

"Ugh, I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage! And then she yelled at me! And then I sneezed. And then I exploded! And then she yelled again! And I felt really, really bad! And I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!" Ruby said as Weiss appeared behind her.

"You!" Weiss shouted angrily.

Ruby immediately jumped into Yang's arms while Eevee jump on top of Amelia's head and hide.

"Oh God, it's happening again!" Ruby said scared.

"You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!" Weiss said.

"Oh my god, you really exploded." Yang said looking at Ruby.

"It was an accident." Ruby said getting down. "It was an accident!"

Weiss holds up a paper that reads 'Dust for dummies and other Inadequate Individuals'.

"What's this?" Ruby asks Weiss.

"The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company Product." Weiss said as her voice got higher and faster.

"Although not mandatory, the Schnee Family highly encourages their customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy-to-follow guide to Dust application and practice in the field." Weiss said as her voice got higher and faster making Ruby confuse.

"Uhhh..." Ruby ask.

"You really want to start making things up to me?" Weiss asked her.

"Absolutely!" Ruby said.

"Read this and don't ever speak to me again." Weiss said as Ruby take it.

"Look, uh...it sounds like you two just got off on the wrong foot!" Yang said rubbing her head.

"Why don't you just start over and try to be friends, okay?" Amelia said grabbing Eevee from her head.

"Yeah! Great idea." Ruby said. "A-hem, Hello, Weiss! I'm Ruby! Want to hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies!"