Volume 1 Chapter 4-The First Step

In Beacon Academy's ballroom

We see a person opening their eyes and seeing a girl with short orange hair and blue eyes. The person full open their eyes.

"Wake up, lazy bud!" She told the person.

A boy with black hair and a pink streak sat up sighing.

"It's morning, it's morning, it's morning, it's moooorning!" The girl sang around the room.

In the bathroom

"I can't believe we've been at Beacon for a full 24 hours!" The girl said holding the toothpaste while the boy brushed his teeth. "Not that I thought we'd get kicked out or anything, I mean, you're the perfect student and I'm, well, I'm me! But it's just crazy, you know?"

Back in the ballroom

The boy was tying up his sleeping while the girl brushed her hair still talking.

"We've been friends for soooooo long, what are the odds that we'd still be together? Well, not 'together, not that I'm not saying you're not handsome! You are handsome, but that'd just be weird...right?

In the cafeteria

"Right, what was I thinking?" The girl asked with a pancake in her mouth while the boy is cutting his pancake. "But still, I hope we end up on a same team together."

The girl slurps her pancake then she thought of an idea.

"Ooh! We should come up with some sort of plan!" The girl said raising her finger. "To make sure we end up on the same team together! What if we bribe the headmaster? No, that won't work, he has the school."

In the locker room

"I know! We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal!" The girl said as the boy open his locker grabbing his weapon. "A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a sloth?"

"Nora..." They boy said.

"Yes, Ren?" Nora ask him.

Ren put his weapons in his sleeves.

"I don't think sloths make a lot of noise." He said.

There was some silence for a minute as Nora looked at him.

"That's why it's perfect! No one will suspect we're working together." Nora said.

"Come on, Nora, Let's go." Ren said closing his locker.

"But not 'together ' together." Nora giggled following Ren as they walked past Ruby and Yang.

"Wonder what those two were so worked up about." Ruby said.

"Oh, who knows...so! You seem awfully chipper this morning." Yang said turning to Ruby.

"Yep! No more awkward small talk or 'getting to know you' stuff, today I get to let my sweetheart do the talking." Ruby said laughing while hugging her weapon.

"Well, remember Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation, if you want to grow up, you're going to have two meet new people and learn to work together." Yang told Ruby.

"Ugh, you sound like dad!" Ruby groan as she put her weapon back in her locker. "Okay, first of all what does meeting people have to do with fighting? And secondly, I don't need people to help me grow up, I drink milk!" Ruby told Yang crossing her arm.

"But what about when we form teams?" Yang asks her.

"Uhm, I don't know, I-I'll just be on your team or something..." Ruby said.