Sister Sister

She stood there for 5 minutes just staring down at the tests in disbelief of what was happening. She grabbed her phone and doing the only rational thing she could think of.

Tessa: "911"
Jenna: "ugh I'm getting ready to go out tonight is this really an emergency?"
Tessa: "9-1-1"

A half hour later there was a knock on the door. Tessa rushed off the couch and opened it to see her sister all dressed up. It was almost 6 when her sister arrived. 

"Alright this better be good. I have plans with a guy I've been wanting to go out from my office" Jenna said while entering the apartment.

"What I'm about to show you is huge. And i need to know that you will keep your mouth shut and not tell a soul." Tess said leading her sister towards the closed bathroom door.

"Okay Tess what are the dramatics about?" Jenna said growing increasingly annoyed with her sister.

"Swear it" Tessa said standing in front of the bathroom door with her hand on the knob.

"Jesus Christ Tess I swear whatever the hell it is it stays between us." Jenna said as Tess slowly opened the bathroom door and moving to stand behind her sister.

Jenna's face was confused. She looked at the shower and saw nothing.

She looked at the toilet and saw nothing

She looked at the mirror and saw nothing.

"Okay Tess are you losing it" she said quickly stopping herself noticing the odd objects on the bathroom counter.

Jenna fully entered the bathroom approaching the counter picking up the tests.

Her eyes grew round and her jaw dropped.

"Tess....what the hell is this...are you? Oh my god" she said slowly turning to look at her sister

"You're pregnant? How?! Who??! HOW" her voice growing louder as the questions raced in her mind.

She threw up her hand at her sister "I'm going to need a minute to process this" she said closing the door

Tessa went and sat on the couch staring at the door awaiting her sister to appear.

After 10 minutes the bathroom door opened and Jenna slowly sat on the couch facing her sister.

"Okay so I have questions here" she started "obviously it's not Matt's? There's no way right" she said trying to do the math in her head

Tessa shifted in her seat "no it's not Matt's" she said answering the first of what she would assume would be many questions her sister had.

Jenna let out a sigh of relief. "Oh thank god" she said sounding relived. "Wait..." she said pausing "if it's not Matt's when whose the father?"

Tessa put her face in her hands before she pulled her hands up into her hands towards the back of her head.

"That's the thing" she said before taking a deep breath "it would be Brian's." She said biting the bottom of her lip and staring at her sister.

Jenna was confused "who the hell is Brian? I never heard you talk about a Brian." Jenna went on as her sister stared at her waiting to get the last piece of the puzzle.

Jenna gasped before jumping off the couch "QUINN?! BRIAN QUINN??!" She said in utter shock. "OH MY GOD! OH. MY. GOD." Jenna kept repeating

"OH MY GOD TESSA! WHEN THE HELL DID YOU GUYS HOOK UP?!" Jenna said almost yelling at this point.

Tess sighed loudly before answering "I went home with him after the wrap party. We both were super super drunk. I wasn't thinking and one thing led to another." Tess started explaining.

"Holy fuck Tess. What are you going to do? Brian never wanted kids he's said that a billion times. Oh my god this is bad" Jenna said slowly sitting back on the couch with her hand over her forehead.

"I have no idea what to do Jenna" she said her voice started shaking as she tried holding back tears.

Jenna rubbed her sisters back as she cried "Tessa, you gotta tell him."

"I can't tell him!" Tess spat back "Brian doesn't want kids. Never has."

"Listen" Jenna said taking a breath to calm down and lightly grabbing Tessa's chin "I know what you are saying I really do. This is ultimately your choice what to do. However, I think if you don't tell Brian you'd regret it and I don't want you to live with that guilt. I'm only saying this because I love you and I know you will ultimately do that the right thing here. But you should tell him"

Tessa wiped her face before looking at the clock. It was almost 8 and she knew Brian probably was going out tonight. She removed herself from the couch and opened the hallway closet slipping her feet into her boots.

"What are you doing?" Jenna asked as she watched her sister straightening her leggings in her boots and grabbing her coat.

"If I don't do this now I will never tell him." She grabbed out her scarf and hat that were tucked into the sleeve of her coat. "I'm just going to go. I'm going to tell him. Like ripping off a bandaid." She said fixing her hair underneath her hat.

"I'll wait here." Jenna said getting up and heading towards her sister putting her hands on Tessa's shoulder. "If it goes better then expected just text me and I'll lock up" she said before pulling Tess in tightly. "You are strong and you can do this. I love you" she said placing her hand on her sisters cheek while Tess gave a small smile.  Before exiting the apartment.

She decided instead of driving she'd walk. Hoping to clear her head and calm down as she headed 10 blocks towards Brian's apartment.