Planning for the Future

The night went on Brian was snuggled up next to Tess in her hospital bed. His hand gently placed on her stomach as he rubbed above the monitor.

"I think since we have the time we should kinda discuss our expectations and what our goal here is. I don't want to repeat you running out again and I'd rather get everything out on the table." Tess nodded agreeing with him

"you're right. We haven't actually talked about the future just kinda have been going with the flow of things. Let's just be honest with each other here." Brian sat quiet for a moment "okay I guess I'll start this off, I think the first thing is we should discuss the living situation. I don't want you to feel like you have to live with me. I just think it would be easier for us all to be under one roof."

"Are you sure you're ready for that Brian?" She asked hesitant to hear his response "I mean yeah. It's going to be an adjustment but all of this really has been an adjustment for us hasn't it?" Tess nodded slightly

"yeah but I don't want you to wake up a year from now regretting any of this. I want you to be confident that this is what you want." Brian turned his head from staring at her stomach to her eyes "Tessa. Move in with me. Please?"

She felt the tears forming in her eyes as she nodded. Brian leaned in and gently kissed her lips. After a minute of their embrace she pulled away wiping the tears from her face. "Sorry" she apologized. "I promise they are happy tears" she said letting out a small chuckle. Brian smirked at her and tucked the misplaced hair from her face behind her ear.

"So then we've never officially put the title on it but like are we exclusive?" Brian looked at her like she was crazy "you're joking right?" He said raising his eyebrow at her. "No. Im not. It kind of goes back to the whole moving in thing. I want to make sure you are here with me for me and not just because I'm pregnant." "Tess im here because I want you. Pregnant or not. It's been you for a while now." She let out a sigh of relief.

"Should we get married?" Brian asked nervously. The last time he talked marriage with someone they broke up only weeks before the wedding. "Honestly? The first year is going to be the hardest. We are going to be so busy with raising these two and adjusting to each other that I'd rather us wait until after they turn one to even think about that."

Brian inside was really relieved. He was jaded for a long time after his last relationship that hearing that she wants to wait made him feel more secure. They went on talking until the sun started setting. She was growing tired as she leaned her head onto Brian's shoulder. "When you said earlier you've wanted to be with me for a while, what did you mean that." He laughed nervously "you really want to know?" He felt her nod on his shoulder as he closed his eyes and let out a soft whisper "Austin."