Eat Up Her Intestines

"Go, Goldie!" Cole struck the horse harder this time.

The little witch was sitting in the front holding the rein. "Cole, don't harass her."

"We need to hurry, follow the trace remember?!" Cole's voice was low but the little witch could hear him, amidst the unwavering wind passing through them.

"I do not need you to remind me of that, Cole."

They rode through the road where most of the people were buying and selling stuff, the town dwellers were less concerned by the neighing of the horse. Though it was strange that horses passed through the market square it was obvious that they were far too concerned by another thing entirely, including their business. And it was a good thing.

"Halt, Cole. I am missing their prints they are strangely erased. "

Cole pulled the rein and the horse whined, as it stopped abruptly, "It could have been better if I had taken a mare but unfortunately this is the only one available," he whined. "We could have seen the prints before they got cleared."

"This isn't a tour, the two men must have known that we were trailing them." Ida, the little witch stated, "and that makes it easy to state that they weren't sent by Zuddatta. Zuddatta's men wouldn't go on horses while they remained invisible."

Cole sighed, "it is confusing, I had believed it when you said they were from Zuddatta; even though I had never heard of anyone with the wrench of a name but I initially believed 'course they looked like Wizards. One must have thought they disappeared when they got to the dungeon's entrance."

Ida nodded her head vehemently, trying to think of how to make him understand, "Listen, I have never seen Zuddatta and I wasn't planning to even go after him, I was just trying to make them go without causing any rifts." She tilted her head sideways so that she could at least have a glance at him, "You should pay me for that, else they would have had you killed if I didn't make them believe I was going to meet Zuddatta."

Cole's face ran scarlet for no reason, "I didn't let them get to you, stop admitting you saved my life, just stop saying that for a second, witch!"

Ida's face slowly stiffened as she heard him call her witch, "I would have found the traces if truly I were a witch."

"What?" Cole's eyes widened as if what he was hearing was the most shocking news ever, "You can't deny you have nothing to do with the old slave, Ron, and even the young woman whose intestines were ruptured, you were even seen holding up and about to eat up her intestines! " He paused, trying not to get too irritated, "You even said you saw the conversation between his lordship and his new mistress."

As if he already knew she was uncomfortable he jumped off the horse and helped her get down.

They were on a narrow road near the outskirts of Venesia, which they both knew to be dangerous. Cole had questioned Elvis on Ida's hanging but the golden-haired man had confirmed to him that the new mistress was going to adopt her and have prevented her from dying like the others. For an unknown reason, Cole was happy that she wasn't going to be hung anymore but it did not mean that his lordship could not rethink especially when this bloody witch do something outrageous again.

If she was annoyed or hurt or proud he had had no idea until his gaze met hers. He shook a little, her marble tears gleaming in the bright day, he felt awful but still composed himself, "Sometimes, I still find it hard to believe you are crueler than what you are just by seeing your endless tears. Quit that, witch, and let's focus on why we are here before the guards are alarmed."

"It's even harder to believe you also believe the rumours about me. Bull! I didn't kill anyone. Anyone might have done that and it was those crazy evening wheezes." As if she wasn't just crying, she smiled and stared at the man before her who she must say didn't have any idea of anything yet. She knew what she wanted to utter was something he wouldn't believe but as long as it is now, they both have to believe that, "We are being trailed, Cole. Men are out there and I can feel that they are about a score."

"What..." Cole instinctively faced back, "I ...I can't see..." He stared at her and mumbled, "and she claims she isn't a witch."

"Cole we have to hurry, Goldie wouldn't last long, you know she is sick."

"Don't blame that on me, Ida. By the by, what do you say about Zuddatta? Why would he want you...or who could it be if the men are not from Zuddatta?"

"Bloody hell!" She jumped on the horse, "Bloody hell, Cole. They are approaching, if we don't move we would certainly be caught, Goldie wouldn't be able to beat the run."

"Where do you think we are going to venture into? It is most certainly they are the guards from the castle and we could cook up some lies fo..."

"Climb on, fool! Those are not from any castle, I..."

Before she could continue, she felt him climb the back of the horse, and then off they went.

She knew that there was no one following them but she needed to find out who those men were from. Though somehow, they were from Zuddatta it was most likely not that they come and go just like that without killing someone or doing something.

It was even refreshing as she felt that she had never gone beyond the outskirts of Venesia for the past five years. Now that she was thirteen, she hoped to be able to fulfill a new task again.