The Escape (4)

When she saw that Elvis did not wince, she instinctively pulled the arrow and it went straight to him. All the guards watched in horror before their horror-turned faces changed into shock.

Elvis held the arrow with his hand, the edge of the arrow pointing to his eyes. His head bent low and his eyes raised a little, looking at Isadora.

For that moment, she could not breathe. Seeing Elvis holding the arrow that moment made everything she had planned break into pieces.

She had thought the arrow would meet him but it was more than astonishing and at the same time agonising. She watched as he held the arrow. At the same time, there was a wind from nowhere that blew his golden hair slowly giving him a heroic view. He was deadly handsome. How could she even think of that right now?

Clearing her out of her reverie, Elvis threw the arrow at her and she caught it. She was even more surprised how she was able to catch it, "Try again and if it hits me, you escape. If it doesn't you surrender."

She stared at the arrow, scared that the pointed edge of the arrow would touch her skin. If it did then she was more than dead because having two poisons in a body as weak as hers was the same as a coffin.

After holding the arrow appropriately, without replying to him she slowly pulled the arrow. From her angle, it was pointing at Elvis. Scared that she would have to surrender if it did not meet him, she furrowed her eyebrows and held them more tightly, "Be ready, Elvis." She warned. But deep down she knew there was no way she could target Elvis. The first target was nicely held just like what she was doing now and he dodged that, why wouldn't he easily dodge this too?

She breathed deeply and closed her eyes.

When she closed her eyes, the guards were confused and they looked at Elvis to which that arrow was pointing, before they knew it the arrow was fired and to their surprise, it was a bullseye.

Knowing where the arrow hit, her eyes walked themselves to the right where no guards were there and she picked race.

Elvis stared darkly at what just happened. She had shot the arrow at one of his lordship mistresses. He had not seen the mistress here initially! Why was she here?!

About ten of the guards were trying to help the mistress whose mouth was filled with red blood. Her pale skin was darkening. Her eyes were turning into a mixture of dark green and blue. Elvis had thought she was lying about invoking the poison.

A guard lifted the mistress and the remaining guards scattered, walking helter-skelter.

'This princess is too daring!' Elvis thought as soon as he found that she had escaped.

She was just too brave and sharp. He had no idea why she wanted to leave the castle at all costs!

If she was this bad, she was Delilah. The one his lordship had mostly talked of and despised since the day Isadora was born.

Isadora kept running. She knew she couldn't go far but it was dark and she could hide.

She couldn't stay in the castle. The more she remained, the more violent she become, and the more violent she become, the more punishment she would receive if she was caught.

No, she would not!

But before she could even move further, she saw the gold-haired man before her. She was very furious. She felt like she should stab him multiple times. Why was he here? "Why don't you leave me?! I do not want to stay in this bloody hell!" She shouted. But she could not continue what she had to say when she saw him very close to her. He was like a flash. She could not imagine how he was already here! How was he this fast! "Leave me!" She could barely say. Her tears were falling as she held the groan the poison in her made her feel.

"I am interested in you," he said. Isadora could feel his words. His breath on her cheeks, if she could look at herself, she would be able to see her curly long locks swaying to and fro.

There was something in her. Her last weapon. It was somewhere in her chest, she wanted to take it out and use it on him but he was too close. He would notice it and before she could do anything, he would have caught her.

She needed something to distract him. "and why would you be?"

Only those words made him more interested in the conversation and she wasn't. She didn't even know if the reply she had provided made sense. "because..."

His words went slow, his proximity was becoming a problem for her. She could not move as he was holding her left wrist tightly. How did he know that she was left-handed? She had pretended to use her right hand in the days she was living peacefully so that she would not be suspected. That was because left-handed was regarded as a sign that someone was from the devil or a sign that someone had a short life span.

But her right hand was free. He was talking but she wasn't listening. She loosed the cotton rope that was fixed on her robe to take out the small knife.

Those things she had kept on her body caused even more pain. She was sure that if she did not survive this, she was good as dead, dead before even going through whatever punishments they had in mind.

With the knife tightly placed in her right hand, in a second she pulled it to Elvis's abdomen and it sank in slowly.

Elvis did not shake, opposing what she had just done, he removed the small knife slowly from his waist and pressed the knife in her hand, "Next time, use it for something useful."

Just as he said it Isadora stabbed him another time and with renewed vigour, she removed it and cut his hand that was holding her left hand. But still, Elvis did not leave her, "it's not too wise of you while I am being kind."

Isadora's eyes widened at his words. Without thinking further, she kicked his manhood which successfully made Elvis release his hold.

When she was sure that she could escape, a hand whirled around her both arms and with sudden swiftness, her hands were tied. She instinctively shook her whole body as if it would make the rope loosen but a sudden blow on her abdomen made her world crumble.

"I told you not for so long, woman." Elvis's voice was cold but mimicking. Isadora hated how her back was pressed to him. "I told you, I am interested in you."