The Escape (2)

When she heard some whisperings not far from the entrance, she pulled the two guards slowly and away from the entrance, she did not know what happened but they looked so light than the other men she had to do away with.

The footsteps came nearer and she grew scared, not wanting them to see her, she blew off the light that was on an arc beside her. That way the person or persons might pass by without noticing the blood and the bodies. Most importantly, without noticing her.

She did not want the rumour to spread, the rumour of the new mistress murdering the active guards on their duties and eloping. She did not care if the rumour spread though, she just wanted them to spread after she was done. Far away from Venesia.

She stood still when she heard the conversation between another two guards, but these were two ladies, "Lady Marcella is pregnant, did you hear the news?"

Isadora saw their faces but stood still, she wanted to hear more about their lordship's favourite mistress. Had Edward not said that their lordship had no interest in children? It seemed interesting.

"I do not believe so. His lordship had never thought of rearing children. Most especially children that were not his."

"What?" The fairer of the guards exclaimed, "Tell me you have not been too concerned in hearing false gossips?"

"Of course. Lady Marcella is a harlot just like Lady Isadora." Isadora's fist clenched trying to control her anger, "the two young ladies have been devoured by men before they became consorts to his lordship."

"But don't you think the new mistress is too young to be a harlot? And now that Lady Marcella is pregnant for his lordship, I think her wings would grow even larger."

"No...that is not when the child in her is a bastard. She has been seeing Master Theobald."

Isadora's eyes narrowed as she walked to the guards. She knew these were not guards. Ladies would always be ladies with their petty and untrue words. They were just figureheads.

"Your...high...Milady. How may we help you." The lady who had initially said Isadora was a harlot was the second to utter with her head low, "Yes, my lady. What do you seek for in the dark?"

She did not give them another time to ask further before drawing her dagger from her both sides and stabbing them in their hearts, opposing the other guards they squeaked in response. Knowing that their noises might have woken the remaining guards, she drew out her dagger and ran to the entrance. Her legs heading to the stable. As expected, four men were guarding the first stable, she walked slowly to the one standing before her and sliced his neck, he fell dead. She did not want another scream.

The remaining men had no idea of this but she had successfully entered. She caught a guard dozing off and she plucked him in both eyes with the dagger. She did all these in haste because she was scared that she would be caught. Seeing that the other men were looking around, she hid her dagger behind her and walk toward them.

"Someone...I am in pain. Someone tried to-"

One of the men hurried to her and widely stared at her. The man for a second could not stop ogling at her chest before going back to his senses. "Go call Elvis, and you," he pointed at the other guard, "try to trace the blood."

Isadora watched the two men walk out of the stable foolishly before staring at the guard that was looking at her, trying to keep his gaze away from her chest. Men were always men, she could not even wear a robe anymore?

"Are you alright?"

"Water...I need."

"Milady, would you be safe here while I get you some?"

"Yes, thank you." She murmured.

The guard stood up but before he could lift his legs further, she stood up and drove her dagger to his back, doubting, she whirled herself to his front and stabbed the other dagger in his chest.

That was for looking at her lustfully.

With another effort, she slowly removed the dagger and freed a white horse.

That horse reminded him of White, Oswald's horse.

But before she could proceed, she felt a cold breeze brush through her. Sensing this, she knew something might happen, so she threw away one of her daggers to her front and hid the other one in her hand.

Her eyes landed on the mixture of violet and scarlet eyes.

She was in trouble but she was not going to give up first. Before she could say anything, she felt his huge hand on her neck, squeezing it so hard. "What are you trying to do?"

"Escape. Let me, else you die right in my hands."

She was still bold and his hands further squeezed on her neck. She felt something sharp thriving deeper into her neck. It felt like claws. Sharper than claws, still she was reluctant.

"Why did you not tell me you are Delilah?" He questioned.

Who was Delilah? Well, she did not care about who she was but she guessed, "Do I look like someone who you've hated for so long that you decided to turn me into your consorts for the sole purpose of punishing?"

"You are Delilah," his eyes widened, his fingernails biting into her skin, blood oozing out of her neck.

Hearing that, she felt something brushed through her head, and then a strong but cool voice rose again. She struggled to understand what it meant until the voice became clearer, "Kill Ezekiel before he makes you rot in his hell." That voice seemed too familiar yet strange, she had heard these words before but who was Ezekiel? She shook her head so she could be back to whatever she was handling. Right now, this bleeding hell of a thing was strangling her.

Before she could say anything, she changed the position the dagger was in. The dagger was in her right hand and she was left-handed, she did not want to make any mistake. She ensured that the dagger was strongly held and would do the attack nicely. "I do not care who you think you are. The devil or whatever but I know that- I would- end you-" The exact time she said it, she pulled the dagger into his chest, though he was tall, not too tall because she was short, she could still tell that the dagger was at the rightful place. "That is for Oswald's sister, you bastard. "

She did not even try to remove the dagger. All she wanted to do was to run away.

Little did she know that her plan just failed.

The man before her was still looking at her, she had not noticed all this while until she felt a pang of pain in her tummy.

She was poisoned!

Again!