Chapter 27

Somewhere far away, far and deep into the fields. Where the setting sun glistened the brown fields and the wind blew the overgrown wheat. Sunflowers and blooming vygies bowed and parted a path for the beautiful woman to run. Dirt patched the soles of her bare feet and the hem of her white wedding gown as it trailed over the rich soil. Her straight raven hair flying so freely as she ran into the fields, pushing whichever wheat, sunflower or vygie that got into her way. She was not running fro but to, not running from but running for. Her pace did not stop for she knew where she was headed. It was clear, as clear as the chilly air and as clear as crystals that she was running from something. The frequent glances over her pale shoulder were the encouragement she needed to keep going without stopping.
To go on until the very end.
She gripped on her dirty wedding gown and lifted it over her slender calves. Her bust threatened to spill over with the pace she was running at if it weren't for the push up bra underneath the sleeveless gown.

And when she started gasping and shrieking in terror that's when she heard it. I too. The crackling of ignited fire and smoke painted the sky a dark grey and light black.
Wonder charged my mind. Wonder of how beautiful this scenery were with the fire touching the lace hem of her gown and the running woman, attempting to save her life but falling. The fire raced with her and crawled to the wheats amongst her. She was surrounded and intimidated by nature.

With one trip at the end of the cliff and a sharp scream, she fell into the pool and drowned to her death.

I gasp out of my dream to Drae's hairdryer blowing out the papers on his dresser. My pajama sheets are drenched in sweat.

"Somebody's finally awake," he yells through the dryer's roars. What time is it?

"Where are you off to?" I shout.

"Out," he replies with all discourteous attitude.

"Not school?" I ask confused.

"Its a Saturday," he answers like it's pretty obvious.
He turns off that infuriating hairdryer I've grown to despise and turns back at me to give me that look.
The 'are you sane' look I'm familiar with. I push the sheets aside as I analyse his outfit.

Baggy white T-shirt, white shorts and a gold chain. Brown converse sneakers that bring out the light brown shade of his hair and the twinkle in his dessert eyes. I smile and imagine him with a du-rag on, he'd complete the African American look.

"You look like a basketball player," I compliment. His gratitude is a twinkling smile and a wink.

"How are you up so early? Where are you off to?"

"The mall," he answers and checks his phone. "And it isn't early, it's 08:00."

I stretch out of bed and remove my pajama shirt. Its a bit sunny today but you can't guarantee the weather in Hammersmith, I might as well check the weather forecast. I glance at him.

"08:00? That's early. What will you be doing at the mall all alone at 08:00?" I ask out of curiosity.

"I ain't going alone. I'm going with Collen, Doug, Sam, Collen's chick and Dior."

"Oh. A triple date? That sounds...cool," I fumble for the right word.

Whenever I hear the name Dior, I think of Harry. Its kind of unfortunate that he's crushing on a girl who already has a boyfriend. A boyfriend who's in the cool group for instance. I wonder if he decided over his ultimatum. Amy; the boring but sweet girl or Dior; the bad, attractive girl.

He looks up at me from his closet after stuffing his unfolded clothes in and quickly closes it before the stuff tumbles out.

"Yeah, cool because you're coming with."