Chapter 45

Passion's P.O.V

Appalling is the arm that garrotes the innocent. It is strong, broad and ordained to leave it's wrath evident, for the innocent is always the one to have less guts to stand ground.

"Wake up..."

Agitating is the hand that forces the head to be pushed below waters. It is alarming and chilling and all things scary to acknowledge that you will be drowned for a forbidden doing you had no hand in helping being done.

"Passion..."

Daunted is I, who is faced with my enemy instead of my own reflection in this broken mirror. His hold on my neck is steady, his grip on the roaring chainsaw is fixed but his stability cannot be compared to my blazing heat. Me, being dragged back into my pacifier's dream is the reason why I haven't succumbed to my flame or died. Yet.

"Do it," I apprise him, "do it and get it over with."

My skin cracks with lights of fire in it when he tightens his arm around my neck. He winces a bit but holds on nonetheless, because his strength is stronger than my anger.

"You coward," I mutter, "are you afraid that you won't get what you want if you do this?"

His hairy chest heaves up and down.

"Evelyn, can you hear me?"

Seeing that my tongue and captive rage bother him, I tend to continue so my words ponder him to the vein. "What's the matter? Waiting for something that we both know will never happen?"

"I can make anything and everything happen, petite papillon."

"Except my death..." I pause, and despite his seize on me, I succeed on busting my chin out. "...even if you did you wouldn't get what you wanted, now would you? Adrienne Hunter."

He raises the chainsaw to my lower abdomen, all the while keeping his golden eyes on me in the cracked mirror. His reflection is evident and vivid. A golden clock pendant dangles on his chest and sweat damps his red shirt to his burnt tortilla skin.

Adrienne lightly chuckles at my fact.
"You toy with your tongue even at the brisk sight of death?"

I smirk and gloat, "Death is my ally, Hunter."

"Her pulse is racing..."

Adrienne's white teeth nearly blind me with their bright light. "You may be immortal in Lumea Timpului but you're not in this world. An effortless snap of your neck or bumper spike to your womb and I can make death look oh so easy."

"I'm 17, Adrienne. I'm immortal in every single world and within any kind of revolving universe. You belittle me."

His grin dwindles but fails not as he ponders what I've informed him. His sharp nose twitches and he leans close to my ear till his ragged breathing grazes my black gemstone earing. "Not without your life clock, butterfly." Adrienne shows off the pendant around his neck by shaking it.

I push my hot ear against his thin lips and he winces at the overpowering heat.
Sweet mother keeper of time, I enjoy being dangerous to an even more dangerous man.

"Passion, can you hear me?"

"The receptionist has already phoned your parents, they're on their way here."