Chapter 38

I was awake since the past hour but Walid was still sleeping. I was still laying on his chest while his arms were lightly wrapped around my lower back.

He was sleeping so peacefully, I didn't want to wake him up. On the contrary, I had rested my elbows on his chest, my hands under my chin and just gawked at him.

He was so handsome. If only he was this peaceful when he was awake. Or he was actually. Most of the time he was calm. Even when his anger raised to the next level, he did at least try and control it.

I wish I had that kind of control over myself. Nowadays, the smallest inconvenience could make me bawl my eyes out. Or probably not nowadays, I had always been like that.

Walid shifted a bit and his eyes shot open abruptly, almost making me jump in surprise.

I kept staring at him subconsciously. "You're creepy." He said, making me roll my eyes.

"Good morning to you to." I got up from him and stood up.

"What time is it?" He asked, stretching his arms as he looked around for his phone.

I didn't know what time it was myself, I had slept like a baby in his arms. I hadn't slept so peacefully in a long time.

"Ten." I said after checking my phone. My reply made him jump to his feet.

"Ten? Why did you not wake me up?" He complained grumpily.

"I didn't know I was supposed to." I muttered, making my way to the closet.

"I have to shower can you bring a suit for me." He asked, ignoring my reply as he hurried to take his shower.

I stood still in my place and felt nervous all of a sudden. He asked me for a simple favor that was common between normal husband and wife. For me, it wasn't. I was already blushing.

I shook my head at my silliness. It's not like he was going to get changed in front of me. I'll just hang his suit for him in the bathroom no big deal.

I went to the closet and picked out a black suit with a white button up shirt and black belt. Picking up a pair of boxers and socks, I made my way to the bathroom.

Pushing away the nervousness, I barged into the bathroom and quickly hung up everything for him. He was showering in the walk in shower so I couldn't see him, which I was thankful for.

I went back to the closet and picked up my clothes. It was starting to get chilly outside so I just went with a pair of black jeans and a black bodysuit. Not that I could step outside.

Going back to the room, I noticed Walid stepping out. He was putting on the white shirt, covering his muscular arms and toned chest as he buttoned the shirt. He pulled the shirt into his slacks and started zipping and buckling his belt, my eyes following his every movement.

"At this point, you can just eat me for breakfast." His flirtatious voice brought me back to reality.

"Walid." I warned with embarrassment before I wobbled to the bathroom. Shaking my head, I quickly showered, leaving out my hair since I had washed it last night. I left the bathroom and started straightening my hair.

As I stood in front of the dresser, Walid suddenly appeared behind me, startling me. "Call me if you need anything, I'll see you at dinner." He left a kiss at the back of my head and hurried out of the room.

Sighing, I continued straightening my hair. I was used to him leaving me alone at home. How much work did he actually have to do? He left early in the mornings, sometimes as early as 7 am. Came for dinner at 6pm, stayed half an hour then left and came back at midnight.