The Beginning of a Hellish Year

"....What do you think is going to happen," Yuu asked Rook, the older teen humming as he eyed the other students with his usual appraising eye. He was tense beside Yuu, the older teen humming a small tune to make sure he didn't make any obvious moves in scouting them.

"Hmm, who knows trickster."

"You do," he deadpanned, Lilia having not come out with the other Vice Dorm Leaders.

"I won't say, but I feel as if this year is going to be rife with trouble," he winked, eyeing some students with a warning glare as Yuu pouted before nodding.

Rook didn't like how they were staring at Yuu, he moved slightly to keep Yuu out of their line of sight while engaging him in conversation. It would work for a bit before Yuu figured it out, he was good like that.

Which is why Rook loved hunting him...

...And Yuu hasn't tried to kill him yet, so that was a bonus.

"I guess so.."

"In coming," Trey called to Yuu who looked at him like he was crazy.

"Yuu! Yuu!" The boy jerked his head up, seeing Ace calling out for him with his other friends.

"Ace! Deuce! Epel! Jack! Sebek! Here," he called out, waving as the other magic students watched them with some side eyes as the group reconvened. The other vice dorm leaders shifted to give the group some space as they talked between themselves about what to expect the coming year.

They had a really....REALLY bad feeling about the coming year.

"Dude it's crazy in there," Ace sighed as he plopped down on the grass sighing as he fiddled with his pen. "The teachers are at each other's throats! Especially Crewel and a guy named Snape! Both potions professors!"

'Really," Yuu gasped. "I would have thought that they would have gotten along?"

"Dude, hell no," Ace snorted, the others laughing as they talked about what they heard and saw.

"Wonder why Crowley sent you out to deal with them all. Should have been the dorm leaders,' Sebek began, still in his usual guard stance as he looked around. "I heard it's a 7 year institution. 11-17." He scoffed out the ages as if they where nothing bu mere children...and in a way they were, Night Raven is a very advanced place where you not only had to have good magic, but good grades as well.

Freshman groups start out at around 600 students and usually the graduating class of the same group goes down to 250-300 students...on the higher scale.

Apparently one year only 100 people graduated.

'No way," Yuu gaped in horror. "That sounds horrible!"

''And they have no tech to speak of," Deuce snorted, eyes turning steely as he spoke, rubbing his fist out of habit. "Like...at all."

"Your delinquent is coming out," Epel noted, snorting as Deuce jolted in his spot before he fixed himself and coughed.

"Come on Epel," he sighed. 'Image! No computers, no phones, no internet?"

'I would rather not, you saw how Idia acted right?"

"Yeah we did,'' they snorted, Yuu smiling as he realized what happened but it was better to ask then be out of the loop and think about it.

"He passed out," Yuu asked, grinning at the potential blackmail that the others had.

'He passed out," they nodded, their smiles letting him know they would send the video later.

They all laughed, Yuu crossing his legs as they continued to chat as they usually did with some of the other students coming out and speaking to them for one thing or another before heading off to their own dorms following the madness.