Twenty two

I woke up the next morning by the window when Chico was still on the floor and his cage not hanged up somewhere calling out my name"good morning Alia.....good morning Alia!".He greeted.

"Morning chico!".I replied back.

Sleeping peacefully in my arms was a little face hiding herself in the cloth she was wrapped in,I stood up and walked to the door when a knock came on it and I stood still and said"you may enter!"with the little one in my arms.

The door opened and I looked to see Zafar entering which brought a smile on my face and the same with his.he then looked down at my arms and his face was confused of what was infront of him and I quickly said"come and sit down...... there alot I have to tell you!".I grab his hand in mine and walked to the bed behind us and sat down next to each other and I started speaking"firstly......I understand that you are confuse but the thing is yesterday after I left you,while on my way to the red palace,I passed a river stream and saw some lady leaving her child at the river end and race to stop her but she got away and I took the child with me to laal Mahal and decided last night that I will raise her as my own!".I uttered to him and his eyes grew big after hearing the whole story.

"Well..... that's not something you hear everyday!".He uttered with a smirk.

"True,but things happen for a reason!".I replied.

"Two babies....you surely got your hands full!".He stated with a evil giggle and bumped his arms against mine.

I placed my hand against his cheek affectionately and said"don't forget....I'm carrying your child and consider yourself my helper!".I said to him with a smile and stick my tongue out to him and he laughed.

He then touched my huge belly and spoke with the baby"now see Sameer........look at what your mother doing to your father!".he said and I was surprised with the name he chose but didn't know what to say at first and the gender part caught my attention"why are you guys so certain it's a boy!".I asked.

"I know it's a boy.....I always wanted a son and who you guys?". Zafar asked after kissing my belly and looking at me curiously.

"Pooja and you Meri jaan!".I replied with a smile.

I then look towards the window with the sun rising and the name his said seem to be a perfect but unique name suited for the child and couldn't hide my cheeks from blushing when he caught it and said"why you smiling?".

At first I kept in the words but looked into his eyes and said"I think the name is beautiful for the child!".I replied.

He face lit up in excitement and kissed my cheeks affectionately and embrace me tightly till we pulled away and I asked him"is there anything planned for today?".

"Indeed......my begum"

we were cut off by Nadia in my arms who started crying and we look at her.I tried calming her but she wouldn't budge and Zafar indicated if he can calm her and I passed Nadia to him when she was instantly quiet and it shock me at first but look at him afterwards and thought to myself"he will be the best father,my child could ask for!".but my words quickly turned sour as I realize about the lie I been telling him and Bajirao for these last few months until I took a few steps closer to them and saw on Zafar neck which I had never seen before a black line that forms a circle on his light skin and asked him"what's that on your neck?".

"Oh.... it's my birthmark!".he replied with smile.

Nadia was sound asleep in his arms and I took her from him and placed her on the bed and as I lied her down and wrapped the cloth tightly around her body and saw a similar mark on her neck,it left me stunned and confuse as why she has a similar mark like Zafar.

He caught my confused expression and asked"is something wrong my love?".

I look at him and said"you need to come and see this!".