Thirteen

They kept staring into each other eyes deeply until everyone around them was watching the whole moment and soon people started whispering and gossiping which woke them from their thoughts.Bajirao mother in particular Kashi didn't know what to do since she could only imagine what the people were saying about him and the tawaif and sat in her chair with a serious expression giving no one the thought of the humiliation.

They took a few steps back and both bowed and he spoke"Namaste......thank y'all for attending this occasion and secondly these ladies giving us these outstanding performance has truly made my day special,such talent should be cherished in a way that it can be remember for generations to come!".he said while looking the whole time at Alia and clapping his hand with the crowd doing the same.

He then called one of the servants to escort us out and we first waited for the musicians to pack up.as they were done,we all walked out and walking through the corridors, everywhere I looked people were looking at us and gossiping and laughing for some reason till I grab Pooja hand in mine and said"let's just get out of here, people looking at us give me the creeps!".

We arrived outside the palace and I stopped and breath heavy with my hands on my knees for no reason as if it was my death sentence or being threatened by the people looks.I composed myself and as I step on the first stair downwards, someone pulled me to the side and against a warm embrace I felt relief as if something or someone has taken away my pain.

I pulled away from the embrace to look up and see Bajirao smiling back at me with his grey eyes.my face lit up even more and hug him again till all we could do only hug each other tightly.

"Wish.......we could be like this forever!".I uttered with lying my head against his chest.

"We can,I will figure something out!".He replied.

"And your marriage......what about that?".I asked curiously.

"Don't worry,tell me something who kept my eyes busy the whole time...huh?".he asked with smile, waiting for an answer instantly.

I was confused by his words at first but then remember and said"me.... who else.....hahaha!".I laughed at end of my reply.

"Ohh.....thought you almost forgot and did I ever mentioned about my marriage despite anyone knowing what the event is all about!".he uttered making me realized that he truly doesn't love her nor know her.

"And what did you family say when called me that infront of them?".I asked with a concern look,not sure what will unfold.then a person step forward and said"so the rumour is true about you being at laal Mahal and falling into the arms of the most well-known tawaif of Jhansi last night all drunk after you receive the news about your wedding with Meera!".the voice said and we both looked and moved away from each other seeing Rani Kashi standing before us with a cunning smile.

"So what!!....unlike Meera,I meet this amazing women out of the blue and despite spending the night together......we share many things to each other without needing the bedroom for your thoughts!".He replied to his mother with a grin and pushing Alia behind him.

"Ohh my bad......so you think you know women,especially tawaifs of all people,shame poor thing you have still much to learn!".she said while laughing.

"I said enough!!!.......don't you dare ever call her that or speak to her rudely do you understand?". Bajirao roar towards his mother and I got so scared that I took a step back but he grab my arm and pulled me towards him, holding me tightly around my waist.

"I love her.....Ammi!".he said with a happy expression.

"Love........omg,since when does a courtesan know about love huh!".Rani Kashi replied with a giggle."also never will I or the people of jhansi accept her as their queen........so end this situation before things gets messy for some reason!".she said looking me with disgust.

"Don't threatened her or you will be dealing with me and I don't care what will I do,I will spend the rest of my life with this women....that for certain!". Bajirao said.

"Meera not doing well after how you treated her,go and comfort her!".Rani Kashi said while looking at him.

"Wow......you are truly amazing.....why don't you do it yourself,you chose her as your daughter-in-law after all!".Bajirao replied back and pulled me with him and we carried on walking down the staircase until we greeted each other and I got into my carriage while the others were waiting for me and we left.

Meanwhile at the palace entrance,a person stood there and heard everything with tears escaping their eyes.

Hi everyone who do you think is this person huh?.......drop your answer in the comments.