Year II: Act2: The fall of the fortress

B squad stood still, in a loose formation, facing Scorpion and Pen. Squad leader, an extremely masculine man with two bionic hands stood forward, and took off his helmet. His face had a sickly pale color, hard expression, and tough facial features. He lowers his eyes only to get a cigarette out of his sleeve pocket, light it and look back up, emotionlessly.

"I'm glad you could come so fast, Sergeant Mackonahy."

Mackonahy nods with a respectful look, engaging in a warm handshake.

"Mackonahy and his b squad were ex Synox militia. They were the best of the best, but Synox replaced them with younger, more bloodthirsty soldiers. Mackonahy had lost both his arms and his vocal cords were damaged beyond repair, after his last deployment on planet Eris."

Mackonahy's face made a hard hateful expression once he heard the names of Synox and Eris.

"So, if they don't fight with Synox, why fight with us?" Scorpion logically asks.

"Well, like I said, I'm a very successful and rich person in Synox's order. So I like to take the freedom to do things a little more my way, and B Squad can understand me on a deeper level on this matter."

He grins. Mackonahy nods again with a faint smile.

"We both like, a more explosive approach" Mackonahy's right hand soldier adds.

"So, here's our back up, you strategy nerd. Do you wanna kill a politician and destroy a 12billion credit facility or not?"

Pen says addressed to Scorpion. Scorpion's eyes sparkle under his helmet.
"I need to field test my little masterpiece!" He grims.

They all shout war cries and get in position.

Clark Falx was in the middle of the hydrodam bridge, overlooking the Ursi star fall behind the mountain range. He was feeling ever so grateful to the Federation since they promoted him, from a governor of a small urbanized moon, to the ruler of the whole planetary system.
He was now, finally viewed upon with respect and he could do whatever the fuck he wanted. That's what he thought anyway, thinking out loud and let out a deep breath, dipped in bliss. He's quickly brought back to reality when a nuclear focused beam lands right next to him, blowing up a good chunk of the dam. Pat A-Wang, appeared with swift motions and grabbed him in his hands, dropping him off to a safe spot inside the facility.
The alien Centaur, Pat had a human upper body, two pairs of hands, six horse-like legs and many spidery eyes, creepy but ever so gentle, weirdly enough. His orchid coloured skin tone was striking from afar, complemented by the contrast of his snow white Rasta hairstyle. Clark made a dazed nod of appreciation as he watched in shock, Pat drawing his blades and charging his auto rifle.

"We're ambushed, governor!" Pat shouts with a heavy accent.

"We need to get you to safety and make your escape!" He continues.

Clark doesn't reply.
The sirens of the facility let out a screeching sound, letting everyone know of the situation. And as more shots continued bombarding the enhanced concrete walls, vibrations became more apparent, and radiation could be felt in the air.

"Attention! Facility under attack; check your battle stations!", a mechanized voice followed up the sirens.

"Governor! Snap the fuck out of it!" Shouts Daniel Spencer behind him.

The young, Caucasian human male, not older than 20 spits out orders to the security staff of the facility.

"Pat! I need you to get Governor and take him to his ship. I will defend. I'll be right behind you."

Pat nods, knowing that second guessing would be a complete waste of time. He didn't even mind that his inferior was giving him orders. Daniel is a sharp kid. Decision making is his forte.