Year II: Act 4: The end of a reign

As a natural procedure, Peacekeepers turned to beasts, drugged from the illusion of power that Scorpion had given them. Within a few hours, they destroyed, vandalized, killed, robbed. What was peace, and why was it worth fighting for? They didn't care to ask that question.
But Federation forces soon closed in, sending small dispatches inside the flaming city.
Tanks, Scouts, and hundreds of soldiers flooded the city, and the battle had once again ranged. As expected, Peacekeepers didn't stand a chance against Federation's dispatch, and soon, all of their forces were either dead or captured.
Tayler alongside Triopal march with great determination towards the camp where the Federation forces were holding the captured.

Tayler's strident voice echoes through the camp as he interrogates a Peacekeeper sergeant

"You fucking maniacs! What the fuck got into you, tell me! Tell me what sort of devil power possessed you people to start raiding the same city you dip shits swore to protect!" He spits as he talks, the vains in his face popping out.

He strikes his hand across the sergeant's face, not waiting for an answer.

"We gave you finances, supported your cause. You were just supposed to keep things from falling apart for a few months, until the Kaghian people would vote for your new leader. And you destroyed it all."

The sergeant looked scared and as he spoke his voice was filled with regret.

"I swear to all water, we were brainwashed. We were promised of expensive cars, and apartments on Trias, and salaries and spoils of the war... I feel so stupid for believing him. He was Iridian, I trusted him..."

"I don't understand, speak clearer!" Tayler bawled on top of his lungs.

"Who brainwashed you, who was Iridian?"

"That guy. His name was Scorpion! He had a bunch of Synox outcasts. Tough people, scary, they killed our leading command officer, we were scared they would kill us all!"

Tayler steps back. His voice tones down.
"Scorpion you said?"

"Yes...!" Stuttered the sergeant. "He... He set up a base in the ex U.H.O headquarters."

Tayler's eyes glimmered. He moves away from the sergeant and puts his hand on his invisible earpiece:

"Order a dispatch to the U.H.O main building"

Triopal answers back
"The main building? What's the interest this time?"

"We have information, that Synox officials set a camp there, we might be able to talk them out of it..."

Hundreds of Federation soldiers have surrounded the perimeter around the U.H.O main building. Incomprehensible orders are shouted around, each soldier taking on their position, guns drawn. Tayler and Triopal are heavily armored but have hidden weapons. Tayler attempts communication and the hoarse radicalized voice of Pen answers back.

"State your business" growls Pen.

"We have you surrounded, you're explicitly outnumbered, "Peacekeepers" are all taken out, fighting back would only result in your demise... I suggest you let us in and negotiate your surrender." Tayler spelled out with confidence.

Pen laughed nervously. He takes a couple of seconds to respond.

"We won't fight you, come in..."

The rusted hydraulic door opens with a screeching metallic sound and the dim light of the twilight shines inside the wrecked interior. Scorpion was sitting in the centre, the now destroyed and wrecked conference room looking no different than the rest of the building, abandoned, war torn and stripped of the previous glory. The B Squad members and Pen are standing around him, almost in a loose formation, guns drawn and the expression of promptitude painted on their faces. As Triopal and Tayler walk in the room Scorpion almost jolts up, losing his composure. His Sister! Alongside the very man that destroyed their city and their life not too long ago, the very person that separated them in the first place, now she was besides him, carrying the same emblems, wearing the same military uniform. He was outraged. He wanted to just go up at them and strangle them with his bare hands!