Acquaintances

Grillby was very helpful to Wingdings, helping him find what he needed for his birthday meal. He was a fairly quick learner as well. Wingdings was coming to him almost as quickly as it had come to him. Granted, he'd made up the language on his own, thus it took longer for him to learn, but that was beside the point. "That will be 65 G, Mr. Gaster." The fire Elemental rang up the price for the ingredients. Wingdings sighed and pulled out the correct amount of G, before he sighed. "... My guardian would like for me to make new friends. Seeing as you're the only not annoying human or monster around my age, I would like to invite you over to dinner." Grillby looked surprised. "Oh... I don't see why not. Sure! What time should I be there?" The Fire Elemental questioned. "Will six thirty work for you?" Grillby nodded slowly. "I should be done with my shift by them. Greatest thanks for your humble invitation, Mr. Gaster."
"Wingdings around Kazar, please. I will see you there, Grillby." Wingdings carried his groceries out. Neither the Skeleton nor the Elemental would ever regret the this decision.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Kazar looked at Wingdings in surprise. "You really made a friend today?!" Kazar was so happy for his charge. "I find him more to be an acquaintance, but yes, I have found and invited over someone of mild interest to me. We will see if he is worthy of my friendship. You know how I am." Kazar sighed as he started to cook. "That I do... very few can withstand your... personality." Wingdings went over to his table. "Indeed. Only you and Dr. Rosher have ever accepted me." Kazar shook his head. "Then again, only the doctor and I are the only ones that really know you." Wingdings shrugged. That was true. "I suppose we will see when Grillby gets here." He continued to work on his research, blocking out the rest of the world as he studied the physicality of humans compared to monsters. Kazar rolled his eyes. That by had to learn to relax, seriously. He hoped this 'Grillby' would help Wingdings relax before he overworked himself to an early grave. What Kazar didn't know was that Grillby was also a workaholic. His little plan was doomed from the start.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Grillby wanted to look his best. This was his first invention, therefore it was something he should dress nicely for. He didn't have much in regards to that, but he had been given a rather nice black tailcoat with a red silk interior for a celebration market in 1800. It wasn't often a hundred years passed by. The Centenial Market had been a fun night. Grillby dressed quickly and checked the time. "I don't want to be late.." He grabbed Wingdings gift off his table, one he'd bought as thanks for inviting him over. Grillby had no idea that it was Wingdings birthday. It wasn't much, but considering his color pallet, Grillby figured the scholar would like it... if it fit him. Grillby looked at the address on his Wingdings sheet and located it, finding it to be the house furthest from town. It wasn't Grillby's place to question why. He knocked on the door and waited. It wasn't long before a purple tiger answered the door. "... H-hello. Am I at the wrong house?"
"Grillby?" Kazar asked. Grillby nodded. "Then you are at the right house. I see you got Wingdings a birthday present as well. A very good start. Come in boy, dinner will be done shortly."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Grillby put the apparent birthday gift with Kazar's before walking over to Wingdings to see what he was doing. The information was interesting. Grillby never heard of a soul study before, but now Grillby knew that Wingdings would like his gift, knowing that he was a scientist. "What are you do-... ing..." Wingdings looked Grillby up and down, startled by his rather fancy choice of dress. A slight purple hue came to his cheekbones as well. Grillby was rather... handsome... in that suit. Wingdings loved it. "I apologize, I was observing your research. It all looks rather interesting. Not my cup of tea, but interesting nonetheless. I heard it was your birthday, Wingdings, how old are you today?" Wingdings tried to snap himself out of his stupor. How uncharacteristic. "I am seventeen today." He replied. "Wingdings, want to eat first or open your gifts?" Grillby looked at the scientist. "I suggest the gifts. It will give the meal a bit of time to cool." Wingdings agreed with Grillby's suggestion. From Kazar, he got the newest model of microscope for his studies. From Grillby... "It is black.." Grillby nodded as Wingdings tried on the laboratory coat. "A shade you seem to favor, yes." It was a tad big yet, but Wingdings loved it. "Thank you. Both of you."
"You are welcome." Grillby responded respectfully.