Parasitism

Kazar wasn't sure he knew his motivation anymore. He just wanted to be stronger and according to Wingdings research, human souls were much much stronger than a monsters. It was also clear that monsters could potentially absorb a human soul. The notes said that it was to dangerous to try, but science wasn't science with out some tests, right? So why not test it out? There was plenty of humans in this town. Plenty of potential test subjects Wingdings could've used. That he could use. The purple tiger went out. It was a nice day, warm, sunny. There was a slight breeze that blew by. Kids were out playing in the streets. So young. So strong. So full of potential. One of them lost a ball, went to retrieve it from the confines of an alleyway. Kazar followed the child. He'd killed them before they even realized he was there, they felt no pain as he took their soul and absorbed it into his own. All that power. All that determination! He wanted more. He needed more. He would kill for more. The side effect of a normal monster absorbing a human soul was the overwhelming need for more determination. At any cost.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Wingdings buttoned his shirt as he got ready for another day. "I think I will try Kazar's again. He can't stay distant forever, right?" He certainly couldn't. He looked at Grillby to see his response. "It is worth trying, I suppose. I still feel bad that he wasn't supportive, but at this day and age, it makes sense he wouldn't." Wingdings sighed. "I do hope he comes to accept our relationship. I still want him in my life, he is my-" Chaos outside cut him off. "What is..." The mated pair went out to see for themselves. People and monsters alike were scattering, trying desperately to escape whatever was happening. The air was filled with screams and crys of fear. Animalistic roars too. Wingdings felt his soul plummet. "No... no he wouldn't!" Wingdings ran towards the crowd, pushing his way through. "Wingdings wait-" Grillby ran after his skeleton counterpart. They both shoved their way through the crowd, Wingdings was knocked down as the human in front of him. Some of the blood got on him as the human was killed and the soul absorbed. The creature before him looked up at him.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Wingdings didn't recognize the look in Kazar's eyes as the tiger panted. Kazar didn't recognize Wingdings as he looked for another soul to absorb. Grillby grabbed Wingdings, pulled him up as Kazar ran off. Wingdings was shaking as he tried to get his mind working again. He could feel Grillby trying to pull him away. "It- there's no point- there's no point Grillby, it's already to late, he's dying..."  Kazar wasn't going to attack them, they had no determination and all the humans had fled home by now. Wingdings felt numb as he counted five bodies. "What do you mean, Wingdings...?" Wingdings watched Kazar slowly pace around, panting harder. "A normal monster can't handle determination... the more souls he absorbs, the more determination he takes, the faster he dies... the faster he melts." Grillby stared at Wingdings. "M-melts?!" Wingdings finally noticed the tears falling from his face. "See for yourself..." Grillby looked over as something started to drip from Kazar. He couldn't hold himself up anymore as he staggered and sank to the ground. He was legit melting now, his purple fur turning white and losing it's form. Before long, there was nothing but a puddle and a cracking soul. They watched splinter and shatter. 

⚜️⚜️⚜️

That was how the tension began. News spread of the attack on the humans. Humans started to move away from the monsters. Monsters started to move to their capital as the humans moved to theirs. "I know things look bad right now, but we will persevere! I will be talking with the human's King tomorrow. Everything will be alright!" King Relegore was quick to reassure his people, but even he knew that monsters and humans were on very thin ice now. He just hoped that the human's King would be lenient on them. The last thing they needed was a war. "The King said that he would talk to the human's King, everything will be alright, Dings." Grillby signed as he turned off the radio. Not all the monsters could move to the capital. Grillby and Wingdings stayed at their home. "War is coming. War is coming and it's his fault!" Wingdings hissed. Grillby sighed lightly. "I know you're angry, Dings... the King will take care of this..." Wingdings wasn't so sure... Why would Kazar go this far...?