Part 9

1 week later

The last one week had been one hell of torture for Serkan. Well he hadn't thought ever that basic functioning would get so difficult for him. Sleeping was a huge task for him as well going to the office. Who could have thought, especially Serkan, in his wildest dreams that he would not go to work for a week at stretch. Well definitely not the amnesic Serkan. But he found it really difficult to even get up from bed for the last one week.

Headache was one of the major reasons but another major reason was Eda. He missed her in their house. Her presence was dearly being missed by him. And also he couldn't take out the thoughts about the things he heard in Deniz's conversation with Eda. Did he really order handmade chocolates for Eda from France? Chocolates? The thing he hated the most? One of the most unhealthy things? And yet he ordered them? That too not normal chocolates, but handmade? Gourmet chocolates? From France? He didn't care about money, but damn they would have been expensive if he ordered a basket full of them as per Eda's conversation.
And he knew very well that he had never done that for Selin.

So that morning, after a whole week of ignoring calls from Selin, his mother, Engin and Leyla, he finally made his way to office. He needed some answers for himself. And he needed them now.

As he sat at his usual chair in the conference room, immediately missing the person who sat across him for last one month since he had come back, and he had no contact with her in last week, he felt the headache returning.

"Serkaaan. Serkaaan. Ohh my god. Where have you been? You don't know how much I missed you. Ohh thank god. You are back. Thank god. You didn't even answer my calls and I knocked on your door so many times. Were you not home? You were not even at Aidan Hanim's. She had no clue where you were." Selin came barging in as soon as she heard that Serkan was back to office.

Serkan took a deep breath, sighing with the irritation coursing through his veins. Frustrated with that shriek voice, he spoke,
"Selin. Can you leave me alone?" He said trying to calm himself down.

"Serkan? What is wrong with you? Why are you behaving like this with me? What did I do? Now even Eda is gone. We can live happily now.
We can live together now.." Selin said sitting next to him and trying to caress his arm but he pulled back like a shock her hand had given him.

"Selin. I am trying to tell you calmly. Leave me alone. And there is nothing between us. I just want to be alone. So I am telling you calmly. Leave please. Or I will get really angry." He said staring at her with no emotions and she rushed out of the room teary eyed already devising a new plan to try to persuade him of a relationship, not that he cared at the moment.

Serkan's mind was a mess. A total mess and he felt frustrated. The life around him was moving at an insanely high speed while he felt he was moving at a speed of a tortoise and he would never be able to catch up with its insanity. He felt out of control, but he was not even close to admitting that the person on whose axis he revolved had gone away and now he felt himself pathless.

"Leylaaa. Leylaaaaaa." He shouted rubbing his temples.

"Evet.. evet Serkan bey." Leyla came rushing in.

"Can you get me the account statements for last 6 months?" He said his head between his hands.

"Sure Serkan bey. I will get you the financial statement of Artlife at the earliest." Leyla said turning around immediately on her heels to get what her boss asked for.

"Leyla. I want the financial statements of my own account. My personal account." He stated and Leyla nodded a little surprised.

"Okay Serkan bey. I will get them as soon as possible." Serkan nodded at her and she left the room on her heels.