Part 17

A few hours later, Serkan was in Eda and Kiraz's room sitting on their side. Eda was hooked to a lot of machines, everything being monitored while Kiraz slept peacefully in the baby cot.
He still hadn't picked her up. He wanted to do that so badly but they had told him that Kiraz was not yet breathing on her own and hence had to be in the oxygenated cot.

He couldn't not stare at his daughter and cry. He had been an asshole. As his memories came back, so did his guilt of what he did with his wife, his Eda. He would never be able to forget himself and he wondered if Eda would ever be able to. He was not sure. He silently cried sitting by their side the whole night. He just wanted both of them to be okay. He wanted them to open their eyes and just smile at him.

"Eda. Kiraz is here. You have to wake up. You have to see our baby. She looks so much like you Eda." He said lightly holding onto Eda's hand and caressing it.

"I am sorry. I am so sorry Eda. What have I done? It was supposed to be the most special time of our lives, and I just ruined it all. You had to go through everything alone. Just wake up Eda and I promise I will make up for every single thing.. yaani.. if you would still want to be with me." He whispered kissing her hand.

He was tormented. His mind was a mess. How could he have been so cruel to the most important person of his life. He was guilt stricken beyond measure. He just wanted to beat himself over it. He didn't stop crying for a minute since that accident.

"Eniste. Your clothes are all messed up. You can go change.. I will stay here.. and Engin, Piril, Ferit and Ceren are on way. They landed a few minutes ago." Melo informed him coming in the room but he shook his head.

"Hayir. I will not go anywhere. I won't ever leave them again." He said with teary eyes.

"Tamam. Deniz is outside too. I didn't let him come in. But he is getting very angry." Melo informed him and he shook his head angrily.

"Tell him to fuck off. And never come near Eda again. I swear if he even tries stepping foot here I am going to punch him." Serkan said angrily.

"Eniste. He was there for Eda when you weren't. Although I know he misled you and manipulated Eda, but he is still our friend." Melo tried to speak but Serkan interfered.

"Tamam. Let Eda decide then if she wants to meet up when she wakes up. Until then he stays away." Serkan spoke firmly and Melo nodded leaving the room.

"Eda. Lufen. Just open your eyes." He pleaded her keeping his head on the bed next to her hand.

Half an hour later, Engin, Piril, Ferit and Ceren rushed in the room and Engin was the first one to speak,

"Serkan.. I told you.. I fucking told you if you harm Eda anymore, I wouldn't ever let you near her. And you did that. What have you done Serkan? What have you done? She fucking had to deliver prematurely." Engin burst out at him with all his anger piled up.

"Engin.. it's.. she slipped. I.. I was there with her.. I couldn't prevent it.. Engin.. I remember everything.. my memories are back." He said crying.
"We were going for dinner when she slipped." He continued. "Engin what have I done? I couldn't be so cruel." He said bending on his knees and crying sitting on the floor.

Engin Piril, Melo Ferit and Ceren exchanged glances and looked at him. He looked torn and so horrified of himself.

"Serkan. Abi. Get up. Come on. You have to be strong for your daughter and Eda." Engin said keeping a hand on his shoulder.

"Come on. Let's get you freshened up and let's talk." Engin said and signalled Melo and Piril that he was taking him out for a few minutes.

"I can't go anywhere Engin. Hayir. I want to stay close to both of them." He said weakly.