Chapter 14a - Scottie

On this sunny, warm day in New York in the edge of Central Parc, Donna and Elizabeth met up to take their babies for a walk. Elizabeth had persuaded Donna to leave her apartment and soak up the sun. She hoped to improve her mood and make her persistent negative thoughts go away.

Hello Donna, said a preppy dark-haired woman in her 40s to Donna, who was carrying two cafe lattes and two bagels from the small vending truck towards the park.

Scottie, are you back in town? Donna asked surprised, because it was now 3 years since Dana Scott packed her things and went back to London. The attempt to have a romantic relationship with Harvey and at the same time to work with him, not for him, failed at that  time. She decided to go on her own as she couldn't handle the then version of Harvey.

Yes, I was at the office, but you weren't there and neither was Harvey. Don't you work for him anymore?

Donna was skeptical because whenever Scottie came up, it was about Harvey. She's always started cases against Harvey to get his attention, and so far she's used all means to do so. I work for Harvey. Why are you asking?

Just like that, Scottie said, sipping her mochacino as she walked alongside Donna and they finally got to Elizabeth's. I thought you had joined the housewives ranks after all.

*Said the woman with the ring on her finger* thought Donna. She handed the coffee to Elizabeth, who was holding the Batmobile securely with Jacob and Emma inside. May I introduce Elizabeth Heart Dana Scott.

Elizabeth had never met Scottie and now after 15 years she stood before her. The woman Harvey fell in love with, whose intelligence, quick wit and coolness he admired. Who never let go of him and he never let her go.

Do we know each other? asked Scottie.

Maybe, I'm not sure. Did you marry into the Scotts? asked Elizabeth, pointing to the subtle but glittery wedding band on her ring finger.

No, I've always been a Scott. Trying to keep her cool, Scottie said, Are you a doctor or a lawyer?

Not currently, Elizabeth said mysteriously.

Donna watched them closely and decided to ask: Scottie, what are you doing in town? Are you picking a fight with Harvey again?

Oh Donna, you know me. I never pick fights with Harvey.

No, you just want to be close to him and often enough it ends in a lawsuit. Donna looked at Scottie reproachfully, did Scottie really think that 3 years ago Harvey didn't care that she left town and went back to London. For three long years neither Donna nor Harvey had heard something from her.

Scottie gave the Batmobile a friendly look: The twins are really cute. They look as relaxed as their mother.

You could say that, Elizabeth replied. Do you have children too?

Scottie hadn't expected that question, but she continued to act cool. Not yet, she answered skillfully.

Harvey, who had just come from a client meeting, walked towards the 3 beautiful women in his gray suit and with a beaming smile. His hands were in his pockets and since chemotherapy was due again in 3 days, he was doing pretty well physically, which he also showed.

Scottie, you here in New York? Harvey said in surprise and looked at Donna, Elizabeth and Scottie in turn to check the mood between them.

Elizabeth didn't expect a touch or any loving words of greeting. He doesn't have to tell his ex-girlfriend and first love when they first meet that he now has a girlfriend and a beautiful son. Not even if there were 3 years between the end of their relationship and his current one. Harvey didn't do anything of the sort either, and like Donna, he suspected that it hadn't been a chance encounter with Scottie.