Chapter 15a

Harvey, what have you done? Donna asked calmly, entering his office with a statement of charges and closing the glass door behind her.

Harvey sat quietly in his office chair, which today had his gray jacket hanging over it, and looked out the window. He slowly turned to her and buried his face in his hands.

Harvey, Scottie sues for acceptance of advantage at hiring at New Amsterdam, Elizabeth medical position! She's ruining Elizabeth's career. She doesn't just do that, so again: what have you done?

Struck she out of my life after 15 years. he sighed. She knows about Elizabeth and Jacob.

Ok, that explains it. But Harvey? But that was also overdue, you know that.

I know, but she's going to get Elizabeth fired, and that's not what should happen. I don't want Elizabeth to suffer because of my connections and decisions.

And what are you going to do now? asked Donna.

I'm going to talk to Scottie and give up the hospital company as a client.

Are you crazy? You can't talk to Scottie right now and add fuel to the fire. Talk to Jessica! She definitely knows a way out.

To get rid of Donna, Harvey changed the subject, because one thing was certain, he had to go to Scottie's and get to Scottie's as soon as possible. Ok, but first I need to talk to Mike. Where is he again?

Mike is in his midterms. But I'll let him know. As a result, Donna, still worried, left his office to continue working for Louis.

A short time later, Harvey's office door opened again and Jessica slowly entered with a worried expression in her black elegant tight dress.

Jessica, I don't have time and a lot to do, but what can I do for you? Harvey said clearly annoyed. Jessica had now walked silently to the windowsill with Harvey's autographed basketballs and slowly turned to lean against the windowsill. Elizabeth was with me just now.

Harvey looked at her slightly confused.

I only ask once: what have you done? she asked. Elizabeth was suspended by the head of the hospital this morning and wants me to represent her and to clear up the allegation of being wrongfully assigned to her job because you are the lawyer representing the hospital community.

What do you want to hear from me now Jessica? said Harvey tensely.

I don't know what to wish to hear. You probably don't want to tell me.

Harvey said nothing.

Ok, then what I want is this: Louis to represent the hospital community as attorney and I will defend Elizabeth. But we're not giving up the client, and neither are we going to give up on Elizabeth. Just one more question: Have you settled your Scottie things?

Harvey remained silent and looked down at his desk.

You stay away from Scottie from now on! Jessica said sternly.

No, I need to talk to her again. Said Harvey and stood up. As he threw on his gray jacket, Jessica got energetic.

Harvey, I can understand your wanting to go, but what are you trying to achieve?

She should drop this stupid and baseless lawsuit. Jessica, I have to try, I owe it to Elizabeth. Scottie ruins her career.

Not just hers, your career too.

I don't care.

Not for me. I care about you both. You know Scottie won't drop the lawsuit. She knows you and her jealousy leads her to cruel deeds. She won't stop until she breaks you both.