Chapter - 11

Serkan spoke with the journalist, they scheduled an interview with Eda at the ArtLife offices in the morning, Ayfer had also agreed to be interviewed so she would join Eda there. Serkan and Eda would finish their interview last.

Aydan had told Eda and Serkan that Ayfer was nervous to talk to both of them, she was afraid that they wouldn't forgive her after her outburst, she had told Aydan that she was ashamed of her behavior. Aydan was laughing when she suggested daffodils or hyacinths. Eda just shook her head, Aydan really did pay attention to her.

It was late when everyone finally left the apartment with their plan finally in place for the next day, the person they were the least clear on was Efe but Ferit promised to keep digging. As Serkan and Eda cleaned up the dishes and glasses and loaded the dishwasher, Serkan asked Eda what she planned to do.

"What do you mean?"

"Well you do work for Efe, are you going to continue working for him or will you work for me again?"

Eda knew that Serkan wasn't going to like her answer, "Until we figure out what Efe's goal is, I think I will continue to work under him. I don't want him to know that we suspect him of anything. And before you say anything, I already know that you don't like it. I will be careful and I won't be alone with him, okay?"

Serkan didn't think that he was going to get a better answer than that so he just nodded.

"Why Serkan Bolat, are you agreeing with me?"

"No, but I know better than to tell you that you can't do something, That never ends well for me."

"What am I going to do with you Serkan? Hmmm?"

"Love me endlessly?"

"I already do. C'mon, let's go to bed."

Serkan and Eda headed back into the office, once again, hand in hand. Leyla had already moved Serkan's things down from his office upstairs the night of the accident before she went home. Efe was not in the office yet when Eda arrived so she got started with her work and had her head deep into it by the time he did arrive.

Eda felt tap on her shoulder that startled her. She took her Air Pods out and turned to see Efe at her side.

"Efe? Did you need something?"

"I wanted to check in on you Eda, how are you coming on the ecological hotel project, do you need any help?"

"Oh, I am good, I was just concentrating, it's a bit noisy in here today."

"Do you want to work off-site with me? We can go work at my house or somewhere else if you like."

Eda smiled at him, not a chance Efe, "Oh thanks for the offer, but the Air Pods work great and the music was actually helping to inspire the design. As soon as I finish this I am getting back to the terminal project that I am finishing for you. I should have it done after lunch, okay?"

"Sure, okay, let me know if you need any help."

Eda smiled at him as she put in her Air Pods and got back to work. Not a chance that she was going anywhere with Efe to work. Why would he ask her to work at his house? She had never worked there with him before. So odd. She might mention it to Serkan, might.

Out of the corner of her eye, Eda saw Ceren, Pyril, Ferit and Engin enter Serkan's office. She saw a smiling Selin go in shortly after that, Selin must have thought Serkan was calling her in for a totally different reason. The shriek that echoed through the drafting room five minutes later couldn't be blocked by the headphones, even with the music turned up.

"You can't fire me!" Selin screamed.

"We can, we will and we are", said Serkan calmly. "You will receive the standard two weeks' severance pay but you employment is being terminated immediately."