Chapter - 21

Someone said that they liked longer chapters - well here you go! I just didn't feel like breaking this one in two!

Ok just a beef with the SCK amnesia plot line - Serkan requires proof to trust right? In the dizi he believes Selin without proof but Eda provides proof and he gets verbal confirmation from everyone else but he still believed Selin with no proof? Did they not remember the characters they created???

There may be mature content at the end between the  ****

*******************************************************************

Serkan woke early and turned on his phone, he had a restless sleep. He dreamed of Eda, he dreamed of the plane crashing, he remembered praying for her. He had started getting flashes of memories in his dreams but they were disjointed and confusing. He wanted to look at their pictures in the Dropbox again. He noticed that Eda uploaded one in the middle of the night. It was a picture of her cradling her small baby bump wearing a shirt that looked like one of his. He read the message, that they were waiting for him to come home. Had she heard him?

He needed to talk to Sergio today when he came in. Serkan put his phone and keys away in the pocket of his robe when the therapist came and got him for PT. It was grueling but he needed to be able to make his muscles work again. He had always loved working out and this was just another opportunity to push himself. He remembered telling Eda that she could ride or swim or box with him and she chose riding or boxing. Serkan stopped and almost fell over, he had a memory, a memory of Eda. They were laying together on his couch, he was holding her in his arms, he knew this was a memory.

It galvanized him in his workout and made him push that much harder. He was drenched in sweat by the time the session was done but he was satisfied with his progress. His satisfaction soured as he neared his room and noticed Selin waiting outside with a smoothie cup in her hand, presumably for him. Recalling Sergio's words from the night before Serkan had no intention of taking anything from Selin's hand. Today he wanted to hear what she had to say about Eda, he already knew the truth but hearing Selin's spin would hopefully give him an idea of what she was up to.

Selin saw Serkan nearing the room, she smiled brightly at him, "Good morning canim, I brought you a smoothie from the health food store. It has all the things that I know that you like."

She followed Serkan and the therapist into the room setting the smoothie down on the tray. Serkan got up from the wheelchair and pretended to stumble knocking the cup over onto the bed, the contents spilling out onto the blanket. He saw the flash of anger in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Selin. PT was exhausting and I'm unsteady on my feet, your efforts were appreciated though."

"Don't worry Serkan, I'll bring you a salad for lunch, they make a healthy salad I know you'll like. The food that they feed you here is disgusting, you can't eat it, wait until I bring you a salad to eat."

"Thank you," he replied, he planned on being asleep when she returned with the salad. That would disappear too.

Once the bedding was changed and the orderly had left the room Serkan decided to ask Selin about his wedding band.

"When I was brought in I was wearing this wedding band. Am I married?"

Selin's nostril's flared in distaste before responding, "No, it's kind of confusing though. You and I went through a rough patch and I broke up with you, started dating and then got engaged to Ferit Simsek. You started a game with a woman named Eda in an attempt to win me back and pretended to become engaged to her. It was all a fake engagement designed to win me back."

"So I'm not engaged or married? Then why am I wearing the band?"

"Eda found out that your father was responsible for the death of her parents so until she got the holding shares she wouldn't release you from the engagement. So she has been blackmailing us into continuing this farce. It has caused you and I a great deal of pain Serkan." Selin reached over to hold his hand, letting a tear or two fall.