Chapter - 20

Serkan watched as Sergio left the room, he held his key to his BMW and his phone. On the key ring there was an unfamiliar key on it, not one to the annex. Holding the key he could feel his heart racing not in discomfort but in excitement. He looked at his phone and finally figured out how to power it up, it wasn't a model that he was familiar with. Now for a password. He tried his birthdate, Alp's birthdate, and another random set of numbers but still nothing. He rang the nurses station.

"Mr. Bolat, do you need something?"

"Yes, could you send the orderly Sergio in here please?"

"Certainly."

Serkan waited for the young man to come back, it took him about twenty minutes before he reappeared.

"Sir, did you need something?"

"How do I figure out the password?"

"What have you tried so far?"

"My birthday and my brother's birthday but neither worked."

"Let's see when you wife's birthday is," Sergio looked her up on LinkedIn, "Try 050896."

Serkan tried that and up popped all of his apps, "Can you write that down for me?"

"Sure, on this version of the phone you only need it when you've powered off, your thumbprint should work to unlock it the rest of the time, let's try."

Sergio walked Serkan through how to use this version of his phone. He felt like a bit of an idiot.

"We can set you up with Wi-Fi calling and text if you want or wait, how about we just connect the Wi-Fi now so you can look at Google or your apps. You don't have a ton of apps on here. You've got a Dropbox app which is cool."

"What's that?"

"It's a picture sharing app so you can share with whoever you have linked to your account. If you and I were friends we could link our accounts and I could share pictures that way as opposed to emailing or texting them."

Sergio's phone buzzed, "Hey I have to go to another room. Let me know if you need more help okay?"

"Yeah, thanks."

Serkan looked at the phone, it was already 4:30, he figured that Selin would be back by 5:30. Did he wait to hear her version of his life or did he do some research on his own. He had never been one to rely on others so why start now.

Serkan tapped on his text messages he saw that his last message was to Ferit Simsek on the 1st. He knew Ferit Simsek, he had some business dealings with him for their Ferit's family hotel business. He wasn't close to him. He stayed away from him because he did business with Kaan Karadag.

He found it odd that he would have texted him so he read the message. Serkan read that the he had signed the tender papers and was on his way back to Istanbul, the one from Ferit before that was that the bankers would meet him at the airport in Rome. He read previous ones to that, apparently he and Ferit were now friends based on the messages, close friends, how had that happened he wondered.

So he hadn't been going to Slovenia on the 1st for some big project. Selin had lied about that, he was going from Rome to Istanbul, just what was Selin up to? If he was going from Rome to Istanbul how had he ended up in Slovenia? Had the pilots flown that far off course?

Serkan closed out of that and looked at all his other texts, the one before that was Eda, he would save that for now. He had to scroll back months before he found a text to Selin, this was back in the summer of 2021 asking her to meet in the conference room in 5. Their messages were sporadic before that. If she was currently at ArtLife wouldn't they have regular correspondence?