Chapter - 23

His anne was up to something, he just didn't know what it was. When Serkan stopped by the Farm the next day on the way back from a client meeting his anne and Seyfi were evasive. They were hiding something. Serkan only hoped that she wasn't involved with that sneaky Italian chef too. As he drove off he thought about circling back to see if he could catch them out but he had another meeting and didn't have time for games right now.

"Seyfi. Is he gone yet?"

"Yes, Aydan hanim, he just pulled through the gates. Kemal bey can come out now."

"Really Aydan, why don't we just tell him? It isn't like I'm not going to be seeing him later this afternoon, I do have a business meeting with him," said an exasperated Kemal.

Aydan was wringing her hands, "I will, but the timing has to be right. He just came home and got his memories back. His father and I have only been divorced or a few months, he might not think it's appropriate for me to be seeing someone already."

"Aydan, you're a grown woman who can make her own decisions. When you called me for help when he was missing I was hopeful that we would be able to get back to where we were years ago. If your parents hadn't forbidden our relationship I would have been the father of your children and not that scoundrel Aptekin."

Aydan looked at Seyfi with a sick smile and then back at Kemal, "I promise I will tell Serkan, truly I will. First I'll talk to Eda. I think she already knows but she can support me. Serkan will support us if Eda supports us so let me talk to her first, please?"

Kemal hugged Aydan close, "Yes, I promise to let you talk to him first. I don't promise to wait forever though Aydan, we've wasted too much time already."

Seyfi handed Kemal his coat, "Thank you Seyfi, I'll see you later."

She watched waved as he got into his car and then closed the front door and turned to Seyfi, "Did you get it?"

He held up a plastic bag with several silver hairs in the bag, "Now what?"

"We send them to the DNA lab with the hairs from Serkan's brush that he left at the annex. Oh Seyfi, how did I ever get myself into such a pickle? When Kemal reminded me of our meeting when Aptekin and I had separated thirty years ago I kind of forgot parts of that weekend until he reminded me. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing."

Seyfi snorted, "Aydan hanim, when have you ever gotten that lucky?"

She groaned and threw herself face first on the couch muttering something into the cushions.

"I didn't catch that Aydan hanim, what did you say?"

"I said and to think flirting with that stupid Italian chef was my biggest problem. Can you run that to the lab? Ask them to rush the results please?"

"On my way."

Serkan would kill her, absolutely disown her. Well, maybe not, he hated Aptekin, but she didn't know how he felt about Kemal. She would have to wait and see, once she found out she would ask Edacim for help.

He thought that there was something odd about Kemal bey the moment that he met him. Serkan wasn't a huge fan and was reluctant to take his business. Eda had met him during his absence but the project had gotten delayed, she seemed to like him well enough. He smelled off too, rather like woman's perfume, like something his anne would wear.

They were discussing the project but Serkan was not really paying attention, he was still fixated on his distrust of Kemal bey. Engin and Eda were carrying the meeting with Kemal bey and his partner until they addressed Serkan directly.

Kemal looked at him and asked, "Would there be enough of a cost differential between razing the building and recreating in the same style or just renovating the existing structure?"