Chapter - 13

I kind of thought I left this one hanging a bit - so I decided I would take it a bit further, just haven't decided how far. It is definitely a work in progress and does deviate from the original story line a bit.

Mature content between the **** just so you know!

*************************************************************************

 With Efe's departure for Rome, Serkan and Eda enjoyed their time as a couple without any of his interference. The only cloud over their head was his mysterious silent partner that was supposed to appear at the end of the week. Eda had agreed to be his proxy until the partner showed up, something that Serkan wasn't particularly thrilled with.

"Really Serkan, the man isn't even here. I get a few texts from him a day. There's nothing to be jealous about," an exasperated Eda said over dinner that night.

Serkan just shrugged, "I can't help it. There has always been something about him that I don't trust. Yes, I was jealous of the attention he showed you but this whole silent partner thing has me on edge."

Eda couldn't disagree with Serkan on that, she was a bit nervous about it as well. They were both very thankful that Ceren and her legal team had managed to move forward with the cases against Aptekin so quickly. The holding was in a much more stable position than it ever had been before with Aptekin at the helm.

"I guess that we will have to hire a new PR person now that Selin is out of the picture. I asked Leyla to put some CV's together for review. Would you like to do the interviews with me Eda?"

"Do we need to have our own person or can we not contract with a PR firm?"

Serkan thought about this, "We've always had our own since they handled the PR for both the holding company and for ArtLife. If we can find a PR firm that could adequately represent us I wouldn't be opposed to considering it. We would need to talk to the other partners though."

"Hmm, I guess. Why don't we do that tomorrow. We can always look at the CV's and see if there are any outstanding candidates. I just don't want another female who is obsessed with you Serkan Bolat."

He got up from the table to clear the dishes kissing Eda on top of her head, "As if any man that we hired wouldn't be obsessed with you Eda Yildiz."

Eda got up to help with the dishes, this was going to be hard. She knew that any female candidate was going to see Serkan and make a play for him, ring, or no ring. It wouldn't matter if they were old or young, they all wanted what they couldn't have.

They both had a bit of work to do that evening, so they sat quietly side by side working on their projects. The project that Eda was working on was her final one for this class and she was putting the finishing touches on it so Serkan worked with her giving his opinion. Serkan didn't think she needed his input, he was impressed with her idea and told her so.

Serkan was watching Eda completing her landscape design, his mind was wandering though. He wanted to propose to her and was trying to think of something that would be meaningful to her and romantic. They could go to Paris but that was almost too over the top, Eda liked simplicity, that would be their honeymoon. Maybe he could do something at the summer house. He ruled out the mountain house since the roof hadn't been repaired yet. Yes, maybe the summer house, fill it with flowers, have her favorite foods brought in. It would always be a special place to them.

"Serkan? Are you listening to me?"

"Pardon Eda, my mind wandered for a moment thinking about another issue. What did you ask me?"

"I wanted to know if you thought that this border wall here of granite slab was too aggressive or should I use something softer like marble?"

He had to focus on her rendering again, "Personally I like the granite as it has a more masculine feel that fits with the surrounding building. That's my opinion only my love. When will you turn this in?"