7|Synthetic

The next day Katsuki woke up to a sliver of sunlight stinging his eyelids. He groans and looks at the time as well as his notifications. 9 am. There was a text from Deku peeking out from under the time. 'Hey i had a lot of fun yesterday! do u want to have breakfast with me and some friends at 10? :]' the message read. 'Whatever' he sent back. His body ached from the previous day's straining activities and he had spent basically the rest of the day yesterday debating on whether to put on the prosthetic or not. Just staring at it like it would explode if he took his eyes off it for even a second. His stomach begged him for sustenance. He didn't eat anything at all yesterday and didn't even notice until now, fatigued, and breath short. Right, he had just woken up from a coma just the day before and his actions had consequences. How surprising.

The blond cursed under his breath and tried to get up from his bed that sucked him back with an almost magnetic pull. "Shit!" he huffed, running his fingers through his disheveled spiky hair. He forced himself up from his bed and stumbled once on his feet, gripping his bed for support. He deployed his stupid, pointless, cane. Katsuki's vision was blurred and head foggy from getting up too fast. He got ready for the breakfast meeting slowly and with little effort put into his appearance. Just throwing on his brand new KMFDM hoodie that he never got to wear, only a bra underneath, black skinny jeans and combat boots. The box holding his arm mocked him. 'I'm right here' it practically said, he didn't even know what it looked like. He just knew it wasn't a part of his body. He sighed and bent over carefully to grab the box and brought it to his lap, sitting down on his bed. "Ha, like this hunk of crap could be better than the real thing." Katsuki muttered bitterly.

Opening Pandora's box meant an admittance of weakness but it would satisfy his curiosity at the very least; it was actually quite stunning for a machine, his red eyes burning with fascination. "Woah..." he uttered. It appeared shiny and all black save for some small twinges of gray on its plasti-steel chassis. For a machine of its size it was quite lightweight, he could lift it easily, it was cold and smooth and looked exactly the length of the arm he was grazing it with. Did someone give Mei his exact measurements? He shivered at the thought but it wouldn't be the first time his measurements were taken by a friend. Turning it around the part that connected looked hollow. How does it stay on his arm? Within the box sat some sort of hearing-aid looking device and a note underneath. 'Steps for activation: line hollow part with arm and hold it for 5 seconds once it's inserted. then place neural connect around ear and stick wire to temple' the note read.

"Fuckin mind control..?" While he was used to being around technology. he never thought he'd have to depend on it to function, besides his phone of course. Just as the instruction told him, Katsuki rolled up his sleeve as if preparing for a shot and looked pitifully at his pathetic lump of an arm. New things aren't always bad things. The blond stuck the arm over the lump enough so that his arms would be the same length and felt a click and a piece of rubber wrap around his arm, securing it in place. Huh, looks like it wasn't falling off any time soon. The arm was just a hunk of metal for that moment until he wrapped the neural transmitter around his ear and stuck the suctioned wire part to his temple. Like the flick of a lightswitch the arm immediately came to life and followed the directions his brain gave it without lag. It was as if he was merely wearing a sleeve over his real arm, except he could feel any of the movements he could see himself making. Katsuki stretched and clenched all ten of his fingers in unison with a crooked grin fighting its way to show on his face.

He flexed the arm and it actually expanded and tightened in the ways real muscles do. He could actually feel it too. But that could be a phantom limb just as easy. Hearing a ringing coming from his phone he instinctively reached over his bed and grabbed his phone, and he didn't fall this time. Deku was calling. Oh shit, was it ten already? With his new found mobility he scrambled his stuff together and deployed his cane, denying the call and leaving his safe-haven. "Hey Kaccha-! Woah!" izuku greeted the moment he walked out. Immediately and rightfully so all eyes were on him and his new arm. He pulled down the sleeve and scoffed, proceeding forward ahead of the group. "Wait up Kacchan! Can I see it? Please?" the boy begged. Katsuki kept with his pace wearing an embarrassed deep frown. "Wait, Bakugou got a new arm?" asked Shoto. They all--izuku, ochako, and todoroki-jogged after him begging to see the robotic limb but he wouldn't let up for one second. "Stop annoyin me!" he shouted. They were out of the building and on their way off campus by then. By the time Katsuki actually said something about his arm was when they reached their destination.

"How did you know where to go?" izuku asks. "You guys didn't tell me to stop."
.
.
.
.imma be real witchall. most of the stuff i write with the goal of being able to draw it. if i cant draw it it's hard to me to write. the struggles of an artist who is also an author lol