9|non compos mentis

Katsuki ate the entirety of a plate of pancakes and bacon leaving no crumbs. Once they were all done with their food they all visited the cats play area for a little while. Eventually as they were going to leave the blond muttered, "Shit, it's fuckin' raining." Todoroki tapped his shoulder and showed him his umbrella. "Did you guys not read the weather forecast?" he asks, waiting for someone to open the door. He wasn't the best with manners. Izuku kept the door open for them all and stood underneath the canopy of the cafe. "Didn't think it was gonna be fuckin pouring." Todoroki deploys his large umbrella and gestured for them all to huddle close. Katsuki stood out and glared at him for a second. Todoroki looked unimpressed. "Whatever." He stood slightly ahead of them just underneath the shield of the umbrella so he could walk properly with his cane and they all set off on their way back to U.A.

By the time they got back to the dorm building they still managed to get wet, it was 12 pm by then. They ran in and sighed in relief at the warmth of the inside. "Woo! That was fun!" Ochako beams, heading to her dorm. Todoroki did the same. Katsuki stood near the common room couch, joined by Izuku. "Did you have fun, Kacchan?" he asks with a dorky grin. He shrugs. "Food sucked. Cats were fine." The other rolls his eyes. "I'm gonna be in my room. If you wanna come." Katsuki offers, taking a few steps ahead. "Sure." Izuku followed him inside his dorm happily, closing the door behind him. The blond sat on his bed and ignored the other standing awkwardly near the door. "Is there anything you need help with? Or do you just want to hang out?" The blond grimaces and sighs. "Stop treating me like a patient, nerd. Yeah, though." he mutters. Katsuki pointed over to a drawer. "The doctors took me off testosterone while i was out so im several doses late, get my stuff from the drawer." Izuku abides and grabs out a ziploc bag that holds his syringes and needles, a lidocaine spray, rubbing alcohol, the vial and a rag. "I already did my shot yesterday, you do your own right?" izuku speaks up, setting the things down on his bed. "Yeah. I just..." he trails off.

"I need help. This time. I haven't done it in so long and i don't want to fuck up." "So...you want me to do it?" he gets a stubborn nod. The greenette chuckles at his visible embarrassment that only he could identify, taking out the things needed. "How do you normally do your shots?" he asks. "I switch the blue needles to the pink ones," he says, gesturing for Izuku to do so and watching him unpackage a syringe, pop off the 25 gauge needle and replace it with a 16 gauge. "Geeze don't break it! Pull the plunger to release the air," "Of course." Izuku was far too amused than he was comfortable with. "What's so funny?" the blond growls, hiding his embarrassment. "Nothing! Nothing. I just think it's cool you're letting me do this, is all. A nurse would be better suited for this." "A nurse would fuck it up. The last time a nurse had to give me my shot she stabbed me 3 times and gave me the wrong dose!" he yells. Izuku laughs and waits for his next instruction patiently. "Alright, set it down and open the alcohol, and use the rag to clean the vial." The greenette did so and flicked off the cap to the needle, sticking it into the vial and turning it upside down. "Dose?" ".4" He drew up .6 milliliters from the vial and pushed the plunger until it was exactly .4.

He was skilled at this, leaving no bubbles but still flicking the syringe procedurally. "Good job. Go wash your hands." Izuku smiled at the compliment and did as he was told, putting the cap on and setting it down on the rag while he went out to wash his hands. Katsuki, alone, sighed to himself and let his eyes wander his room. His tarantula was face first in her water dish drinking shamelessly like a dog drinking from a toilet bowl. His guitar sat in a desolate corner of his room, abandoned and dust covered. All Might posters grinned widely at him. Spiderwebs decorate the spaces between action figures and books. Stereo probably still had Left's "My Disease" album cd disk stuck in the slot. He stood up from his bed with the help of his cane and decided to turn on the stereo. Turning up the volume revealed "non compos mentis" playing lowly. Somehow, the cd didn't sound damaged. He looked at it with a satisfied grin and left it alone to play as the other came back, wiping his wet hands on his stupid shirt.

"Okay i'm back! Oh, what's the song?" "Non compos mentis by Left. I had to burn it myself." "Cool. I got a few albums that I think you should listen to in my room, I can get 'em after if that's cool." "No way. That folk-rock goth crap sucks." he retorts, gaining an offended look from the other that made him chuckle. "Everclear is folk and you love them!" he says while sitting next to him. Katsuki scoffs, taking off his hoodie and grabbing the rubbing alcohol and rag. "That's different." He pours the alcohol on the rag and wipes it over his hairy stomach to clean the area. Then spraying the area he wanted the shot to be done with lidocaine spray once the alcohol dried. The other watched him distantly, as if studying him and making mental notes. "I do mine on my thigh. Is there a difference you think?" "Yeah, more fat and it stings less if you don't fuck it up, c'mon."

Izuku sat up with the syringe in hand and switched the 16 gauge back to the 25, popping the cap off and sitting on his knees in front of the blond. "This might be tricky. Sit back and relax or it might hurt, ok?" he reassured him. Katsuki didn't get needle-nervous much as long as said needle was handled by himself but he was worried about messing up after not doing it for so long. He held himself up with his arms, leaning back slightly and relaxing just a bit. The shot itself was quick and surprisingly well done. He gently squeezed the wet part of his stomach and pushed the needle through his flesh with ease, easing on the plunger until it hit the end and slowly taking it out and letting go of his skin. "Ow..." the blonde groaned, gripping his stomach. "Bandaids are in that drawer." he said, gesturing to his nightstand. Izuku quickly opened the drawer and grabbed a bandaid but was briefly occupied by the other contents of the drawer. A The Cure album, a picture of himself and Katsuki when they were kids and a bloody All Might card. The same one he had on the battlefield.

Didn't peg Kacchan for the sentimental type. But he's never quite what you expect.
.
.
.
.cant believe i wrote a whole chapter about deku administering bakugou's T shot like it's an essay. this can actually be used as an educational guide too lol cuz i am on testosterone and literally just described what i do 💀though u should hmu if you need to know more cuz this was sort of vague. sorry for the boring chapters. im lacking in inspiration and drowning in ideas.