4|Still Bummed

Katsuki hid his emotions best when he was more worried about keeping up an appearance. All his friends and classmates were so happy for him and his imminent recovery but all he could think about is his small part played on the battlefield. Clocked out before anything significant happened, being hospitalized for life threatening injuries once again. He was becoming a proper Izuku copycat at this point. Only difference was-izuku wasn't a pathetic damsel in distress. The doctors told him he may not be able to continue hero-work with his weak heart until several weeks, or months. He needed to use a cane to walk and drink a lot of water, eat nutritious food, and get used to writing with his left hand. His handwriting sucked already, now he has to do it with his dumb arm? Bullshit.

All of his peers were so far ahead of him in the recovery process, it was like just yesterday he was on the ground bleeding out in that field. No memories to make up for that lost time besides faint murmurs and sensations. In the time he was asleep he was aware Deku visited him nearly every single day, and he racked his mind for a reason why that would make sense to him. Deku always worried about him. This time was no different but it wasn't enough. He could have made so much progress with his peers but he chose to stay behind and wait. And yet he was much farther away. The scars on Katsuki's body reminded him of every time he didn't get an answer when he could have just asked, but he was so engulfed in envy he couldn't see past himself. He was unequivocally stubborn. Now he was awake from his coma with no idea where to start.

The blond felt like if he went to sleep he would never wake up again. He laid down on his bed with his arm behind his head, staring up at the ceiling with his door wide open-as if allowing any passersby to stare if they so pleased. And-just as he thought-his thoughts were interrupted by a technical intruder. "Hey, Bakugou! Do you want to hang out with me and the guys at this cat cafe Mina won't stop talking about?" Kirishima asked. Kirishima was his best friend besides...he was his friend but he didn't have the mental capacity to go outside just yet. Or deal with his friends staring at his empty sleeve like the red haired boy was doing before Katsuki glared, muttering, "Nah. I'm busy." Kirishima gave him a blank look, "Kk dude. See ya!"

Once he was gone the blond sighed deeply and sat up. How long ago was the last time he took a shower? Far too long, probably. He got up from his bed and swiftly kicked his door shut, throwing his hoodie and pants to the floor haphazardly. For the next 30 minutes he occupied his time getting clean from his slumber that left him immobile. Things kept slipping out of his hands and his muscle memory contradicted his current knowledge, he had to do everything with only one hand. When he had the time to think about his situation he didn't know whether to feel angry or sad on all accounts. One step at a time.

His shower was finished. Katsuki dried himself off and put on a sports bra, black tanktop, black basketball shorts, a slipknot hoodie, and a pair of sneakers. All was done whilst leaning against something for support. His legs were too weak to be walking but he needed to. The blond angrily reached over his bed for his cane and deployed it, standing up and grimacing at the fact it actually helped him. Walking some more he scoffed. Looks like there was nothing stopping him from getting out this time besides himself. He walked out and shut the door behind him, knocking on Izuku's dorm room door aggressively, only to realize he was some ways behind him in the common room. Izuku peeked his head from around the corner chewing on some sort of candy, "Hey Kacchan!" he greeted. "Come on, nerd!" he shouted back, making his way to the doors of the building.

"Wait up!" He scurried, grabbing his things and jogging up to him.
.
.
.
.i really be pumping these chapters out tbh. i am not good at plot writing tho i really just ramble :')