XVIII

𝘈𝘝𝘈𝘓𝘖𝘕
_____________
𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥

-𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 -

connie had invited you to a dinner with his family. since your classes had ended a week ago, you had agreed. you knew about connie but nothing about his family.

now that you were in the car, the butterflies in your stomach started punching you. connie drove carefully around the winding roads, watching as the snow flurries came down. you fiddled carefully with your fingers, watching your boyfriend drive around the town unfamiliar to you.

"nervous?" he speaks up, quickly looking over to you before placing his eyes back on the road ahead of him. smiling softly, you place your hand on the middle of his thigh.

"mmm. a little." he nods, understanding your concern. this was new to the both of them. connie had never brought anyone around his family. besides eren.

"don't be nervous baby, you'll love them."

pulling down a small road, you spot a house with 4 cars parked in the driveway. you see a small flourish garden, regardless of it being winter. the house is two stories and beige, a long driveway, and a cobblestone walkway. connie parks in the driveway, putting the car in park before looking over at you.

the paint on your nails chipped.

"baby. you just got your nails done." connie complained, now holding onto your hands. they were shaking beyond belief. "i promise it'll be okay. it's just my mom and siblings. you'll love them."

stepping out of the car, you wrap your jacket around yourself, blocking your skin from the windchills. connie comes up behind you, extending his hand, a small smile placed upon his lips. your shoes patter on the cobblestone, before reaching the giant front door. your first instinct was to knock, but connie places his hand on the knob, pushing the door open slowly.

the first thing you smell is a mixture of a holiday scented candle and food. it reminds you of being at home.

walking through the foyer, you see two women sitting on the couch, scrolling through their phones while occasionally turning it so the other could see. mom? sister? you quiz inside your head.

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘢.(36)             𝘮𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘢. (18)              𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘦.(36)

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘢.(36) 𝘮𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘢. (18) 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘦.(36)

"aunt t? miranda?" connie's tone was flat and confused. the two women's head shoot us as smiles immediately are placed upon their faces. the older woman stands, smoothing her dress out before walking over. she engulfs connie in a tight hug, placimg a small kiss to his cheeks. the other girl follows, punching him in his shoulder instead.