XIX

𝘖𝘕𝘌 𝘖𝘍 𝘛𝘏𝘖𝘚𝘌 𝘕𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛𝘚
_____________

-𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵-

you hadn't spoken to connie in over a week.

you've been cooped up in your room. barely sleeping, barely eating. jia comes in occasionally to check in on you and bring you food but all in all, you felt empty and lost. your phone had been on dnd and your laptop was turned off. the only thing keeping you entertained was your tv and drawing.

a small knock at your door startled you. jia comes in with a small bowl of soup and water. instead of immediately passing it to you, just puts it on your nightstand. he hands run together softly, taking in your state of mind and body.

"try to eat that for me okay?" she whispers, placing a small kiss to your shoulder. you nod, looking at the food before cringing at the thought of eating it. jia leaves right afterwards, softly closing your door.

the sound of soft rain hitting your window filled your room. a tear falls from your eyes and lands on the stuffed animal you found yourself holding. you missed him but something in you realized that he wasn't the best for you. no matter how much you wanted it to work out. your life hadn't been the same since meeting him.

finally opening your phone for the first time in a few days, you scroll through instagram, avoiding everyone's account.

'𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦.🎭' 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭

the pace of your heart sped up, hands beginning to sweat. clicking the accept button, you hold your breath before hearing connie speak.

"baby.. you finally answered." he says. his voice sounds broken and soft. "i've been trying to get in touch with you all week. i came over but jia said you weren't at home. i just.." he takes a small breath before letting out a shaky; "i just really miss you okay? i'm sorry you had to see that. it's not me i promise i.."

you could hear his cries and it broke your heart even more.

"i'm sorry connie. i cant.. i just can't do this anymore."

with that, you hung up and put your phone on do not disturb again.

you needed to grow without him for now.

- 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 -

you casually flipped through channels, wrapped up in a blanket. jia was cooking lunch and softly whistling a tune. london was finally back and everyone was cordial. she sat on the couch you weren't on, scrolling through her phone.

"you okay?" she piped up, looking over at you.

were you okay? no.

"yeah i'm fine." you say, fighting back the tears that so desperately wanted to escape your eyes. your teeth now digging into your bottom lip to slow down the impact of emotions you felt. london stands from her spot, walking to sit beside you. her arms extended, offering a hug.

"you need it." she says. falling into her arms, you smile weakly. she smelled of vanilla and weed. securing your arms around the girls body, you broke down. tears stream from your eyes onto londons green blouse.