Chapter 19

One Week Later

Shyla's Pov

I was sitting on the roof of my new house looking out on the neighborhood and admired it. "It's so pretty." I thought. I got down off of the roof and went inside for dinner. "Hey kiddo ready for dinner?" Grandpa asked. I nodded and got ready to eat. I heard a knock on the door. I was about to stand up to go answer the door, but my grandpa beat me to the door. "Hey dad." The woman said. "Hey baby girl." Grandpa said. "What are you doing?" The woman asked. "About to eat dinner with my granddaughter." Grandpa said. "Which one?" The woman asked. "Anna's kid." Grandpa said. "Shyla is here?" The woman asked. Grandpa nodded and the woman passed him and came up to me. "Aunt Shantelle." I said, smiling getting up and hugging her. "Hey kiddo." Shantelle said. "Where is your mother?" Shantelle asked. I frowned and looked down. "She died almost a year ago." I said. "Wait, what!" Shantelle said. "My ex boyfriend killed my family." I said. "Aw honey, I'm sorry." Shantelle said. "It is fine." I said. "What were you guys having?" Shantelle asked. "Steak, onions, and onion rings." Grandpa said. "Can I join you guys?" Shantelle asked. Grandpa nodded and set another plate down for Aunt Shantelle.

The Next Day

I woke up and went to go take a shower. When I got out I felt something happen. I looked down. "Shit." I said. My water broke. I grabbed my phone and tried my best to get dressed. Grandpa was already at work and wait my Aunt Shantelle is here. I went to my Aunt Shantelle and told her what happened. She packed stuff and helped me to the car. I called Xavier. "Hello?" He said. "She is coming." I said. "Wait, what do you mean." He said. "I am going into labor that is what's going on." I said. "Alright, I will meet you there at the hospital." He said hanging up.

30 Minutes Later

I got to the hospital and Xavier was there. He held my hand as I was put into a wheelchair and wheeled to the postpartum room. My Aunt was on the phone with my Grandpa. She then hung up and came to the postpartum room. "Your grandfather is on his way." Shantelle said, holding my other hand.

3 Hours Later

I looked down at my baby girl. "Chastity Adelise Turner I will forever love you." I thought as I kissed her forehead. She has Xavier's eyes and my face. Xavier looked at me and smiled. I smiled back at him and then looked back down at her. My grandpa walked in and smiled. "Xavier, can I speak to you alone?" Grandpa asked. I looked at Xavier. "Uh, sure." He said. "I'll be back my girls." He said, kissing my forehead and Chastity's. He walked over to my grandpa and they both walked out of the room. "Can, I hold her?" Aunt Shantelle asked. I nod and let her hold. "She looks so much like you and your mother." Aunt Shantelle said. "Yeah." I said. Grandpa and Xavier walked back inside and Xavier was smiling. Grandpa just stood there and smiled. "What is going on?" I asked. Xavier leaned down. "I'll tell you later." He whispered in my ear. "Alright." I said.

Later That Day

"Alright, sweetheart now what were you going to tell me?" I asked. "Oh, well your grandpa said that since he has met me, I have brought a good presence him when I am around you, your grandpa said that his house isn't the best for having kids anymore, and that you can move in with me, and guess where I live." He said. "Where?" I asked. "Somewhere the love of my life lived." He said. "You live in my old house?" I asked. "Yeah, I mean it has enough room for the baby and us." He said. I smiled. "I love you." I said. "I love you too." He said, kissing my forehead. I smiled and went to where my grandpa was. "Are you sure you want me to go back?" I asked. He nodded. "Sweetie, I think he needs you more in his life than mine." He said hugging me. "Alright." I said. "Anyway, you should get some sleep, you just had a baby." Grandpa said. "Okay." I said. I went to my bed and went to sleep.