Chapter 17

I've decided to continue the story, because this is one of my favorite stories to write on Wattpad. Anyway, I am going to go ahead and let you read the chapter.

3 Weeks Later

Shyla's Pov

I walked around the school and I hadn't seen Xavier anywhere. I didn't want to see him because he didn't know I was coming back. I didn't look where I was going and I bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." He said. I froze. I got up and looked at him. "It's fine, Xavier." I said. He looked at me. "Shyla?" He asked. "No its Barbie." I said with sarcasm in my voice. He laughed and tried hugging me. I backed away. He frowned. "I am honestly sorry, Shyla." He said. "It's fine, we need to just be there for the baby." I said. "Yep, how is our little girl?" He asked. "She has been kicking me a lot, so, a pain." I said. He laughed and he tried hugging me again. I hugged him. "I missed your hugs to be honest, I missed seeing you here at school too." He said. "Alright." I said. "You seem different." He said. " I got glasses." I said. "I could tell." He said.

The next day

I get up to my little girl kicking. "You'll be out sometime soon little one." I told her. I got up and checked my phone. 3 text messages and 1 voice message. I looked at who texted me. It was Sam, Xavier and Allie.

Allie- Hey :D

Xavier- Hey, can we meet up tomorrow I need to talk to you.

Sam- Hey

The voice message was from my Grandpa

"Hey sweetie pie, I heard about what happened to the family. I just wanted to call and say that I am going to be picking you up Sunday and you are going to live with me in Rushville, because ever since your grandmother died and Jupiter died I have been lonely. I can't wait to see you. I love you Shyla."

I froze. I gathered all of my thoughts and went to get dressed. I called Xavier and asked him where he wanted to meet up. He wanted to meet at the park. I walked to the park that he wanted to meet up at and waited for him to show up. About 10 minutes later, Xavier walks up to me smiling. "Hey." He said. "Hi." I said, frowning and about to cry. He hugged me. "What's wrong?" He asked. "My grandpa called yesterday." I said and began to cry. "What happened?" He asked. "I am moving to Rushville with him tomorrow." I said. He frowned and looked at me. "Wait, what you can't what about our baby?" He asked. "I'm sorry sweetheart, but I am not allowed to live on my own I am under age." I said looking down. He lifted my head and kissed me. I was shocked and then he pulled away. "I will not let you leave me, not now, not ever you will be here for when you have our baby." He said about to cry. "What was it that you were wanting to tell me?" I asked. "I was going to say that I had enough money to move out of my parents house and into an apartment, plus I was hoping you would want to move in with me, but that was taken away." He said.

The next day

I packed everything up and looked at the house. I started to cry. "I am going to miss all of the memories." I thought. I went to my old bedroom. I saw all of the times I had fun in there or had a bad time in there. I went to the front door and I saw the moment when I was taking a picture with my brother on my first day of kindergarten. I heard a car pull up. I sighed and turned around. I saw Xavier. He ran up to me and hugged me. "I am going to miss you, boo." He said kissing my cheek. "I am going to miss you too, sweetheart." I said. I heard another car pull up. It was my grandpa. I sighed and looked at Xavier. He kissed my forehead and helped me with my stuff. I walked up to my grandpa. "Hey kiddo." Grandpa said, kissing my forehead and hugging me. "Hey grandpa." I said. "You ready to go to your new home?" He asked. "Not really, but lets get this over with." I said. Grandpa nodded and I looked back at Xavier putting the last of my stuff in the trunk. "I am going to miss you the most out of everybody." I said. "I know." He said. He gave me one last hug and kissed my forehead and then he walked to his car. I got in my grandpa's car and then grandpa drove away. I turned around to look out the back window to get my last look at Xavier for a while. "I love you." I mumbled and began to cry again. The only things I had to remind me of him right now is of the baby girl and the necklace he got me. The necklace had his name on it. "You are going to like your new school, trust me Shyla." Grandpa said. "Alright." I mumbled. I grabbed my phone and looked at the messages I had gotten. They were from all of my friends saying that they were going to miss me. I got a message from Xavier and it said. "I love you too, I love you both." I tried to smile and continued to cry.