Le Métier

"The Loom was discovered by the ancients centuries ago, and according to this, it sends a 'secret message' from the group of weavers to the threads of the Loom. Those are called Binary codes which when decoded, revealed the name of the person whom Fate decreed shall be executed. From then on, the weavers formed the now what we call The Fraternity of Assassins. And up to now, the assassins select their targets as dictated by the Loom." Étienne tells the story to their new recruit, Jean. "Wow! so you're saying that this still exists in the present time? as in right now?" Jean asked in disbelief as he stared at the historical Loom. "What do you think? Adrien butted in. " This is so cool!" Jean said as he felt amazed with what is being shown to him today. He lived all his life in Angers and this is the first to know that things like this do exist.

Hélène stepped into the room where all three men were. " You were telling him about the Loom?" she asked Étienne. " Yes! of course, he has to know what he had gotten himself into! Did you not tell him about it?" Étienne asked looking at her feeling a little pissed. "I thought you just found him somewhere, you know? like some cat from the street?" Adrien said as he is not impressed by the one that was in front of him. Hélène grabbed Jean's right arm and dragged him with her to leave the room as the situation gets toxic.

"I'm sorry about that! those were the two people I report to. Hélène said a little apologetically. "It's okay!" Jean replied as they walked to the room where he is staying. From the moment his eyes met Hélène, he cannot stop staring at her secretly. He found her very attractive and oozing with sex appeal. "Her milky skin, sexy body, and luscious lips were so inviting," Jean said in his head. " Go to bed, we will start your training tomorrow. Adrien hates lazy ass. And do take him seriously! You don't want to be on top of his list!" Hélène said and closed the door.

Jean lay down in bed. He recalls a lot of thoughts. His Mom who now lives in a different city with her new family, his girlfriend who had been cheating on him over his best friend, and a Dad whom he never knew. He stared at the ceiling for some time "Today, my life is going to change!" he blurted out and tiredness took over him.

Hélène was in one of the halls, on her way to her room when she came across Adrien. Adrien pinned her to the wall, and touched the side of her face." New recruit hmm?" Adrien said feeling a little mad. " Yes? what's the problem with that Adrien?" Hélène kicked Adrien's balls out. " Find someone who can play your games, Adrien!" Hélène said as she walked out.

"That Brat! he thinks he can get into my pants?"Hélène said feeling pissed over Adrien. She was in her room, relaxing, she thought of ways how to train Jean. " I'll let him meet " Butch!" She said as she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

FLASHBACK TO 1993

"Louis! Louis! please don't leave me! don't leave your son!" A woman hysterically cried over a man who was kicking her numerous times. " Stop this! get inside! " Louis said as he scolded the woman who was carrying their 1-month-old child.

Louis ran and didn't turn back. " My mission is important, I cannot let you two get involved in this!" He said in his head. He was on his way to the Train station to go to Poitiers.

Meanwhile.

The Lady got back to their house, she was crying, she was mad, she was feeling a lot of emotions. "What do I expect? nothing right? he left me, he left us?" She asked the then 1-month-old Jean. The baby just stared at his Mom. He didn't cry. "We will survive son!" The lady said as she gives the baby his bottle.

Jean woke up to the voice that was ringing in his head. It's now 5 AM. He went to the kitchen and grabbed food. " Morning" Étienne greeted. " Ah- Go- Good Morning Sir!" Jean replied panicked. " Did you sleep very well? Étienne asked as he grabbed an apple from the fruit basket. " Ye- yes Sir!" Jean replied. "Great! you will start your training with Hélène today. And I want you to take this matter seriously. The World's Balance is Dependent on Us! " Étienne said then leave the room.

Jean was left alone for a few minutes. He was looking at the view in front of him. " I am strong! I know I can do it!" He said in his thoughts. Although he felt nervous, he knows he needs this. This is the only way he serves his purpose in life. Everyone that he loved had already left him, so if something bad happens, he has nothing to lose.

Hélène stepped into the kitchen. it was 530 am ish. " So early!" she said playfully tapping her hand onto Jean's broad shoulder. " Yes! you told me to be early, so here I am" Jean replied as he sips on his coffee. "Good! and you eat well okay? we have a lot of things to do today!" Hélène said as she sat next to him. They ate. Jean tried to ask a lot of questions and Hélène tried to answer him without getting pissed. "Now get up, I believe I answered everything!" she said and then left. Jean stood from his seat and followed her.

They reached the parking and rode the red viper car. Hélène throws catch the key to Jean "Drive!" she said as she headed to the passenger's seat. " Where are we going?" Jean asked feeling shaky, "you- you know, this is my first time driving this kind of car!". Jean said as he rev the engine.

A/N: Hi guys! This is the first episode. And yep! a lot of things will happen in this story. Hope everyone's ready.

If you like this chapter please give it a ⭐and comment your thoughts. Hope y'all have a Great Day ahead!

Borahae 💜

xoxo

poijeunaibi 🖤