Hélène-La fille riche en haillons

PRESENT

A woman of a few words. She doesn't question you once you get to gain her trust. That's how people know Hélène from a normal perspective. She's quite stiff, and only talks when necessary. She was recruited by the Fraternity at the age of 16 and in just 3 months. She was able to make her first kill.

Jean and Hélène were in the library with Étienne, strategizing Jean's first target. The two listened well to Étienne's instructions. After their brief meeting was done, they left and went on their way to the target's location. On the way there, Hélène could sense Jean's feelings. The new normal Jean isn't there with her. She felt like she was with a mechanical Jean. They were both silent as
she drives with him to the site."Jean?"Hélène asked with her eyes focused on the road. There was no response. "Jean?"Hélène recited again, still, there was no response. She didn't bother making a third attempt. "Ye-yes?" Jean finally replied."I was about to ask you if you're okay, but I guess I already know what's the answer!" Hélène said, still with her eyes, fixed on the road. Chateaux Marseille is 112km away from Toulouse, and it's a 4 hrs and 21 min drive. They were hours away from the location. Jean feels like he was stuck in a trance and no one was there to rescue him.

With Hélène's eyes fixed on the road, she imagined her younger self. She discovered a lot about her father, François.

Flashback to 14-year-old Hélène

It was a lovely Sunday Morning, Hélène woke up a little at 8 am ish to greet her father. She heard from one of their servants that her father arrived from his business trip. She got up and headed to her father's room. Eva, her grandmother was in their Den having her breakfast Tea. She passed by and greeted her. "bonjour, ma belle grand-mère!" Hélène pecked a kiss on her grandmother's left cheek. "bonjour ma belle princess" Eva replied as she puts down her teacup into the saucer. Hélène ran fast to see her father, it's been a month and she missed him so much. Hélène was excited and didn't bother knocking. As soon as she got to the room, she was surprised. Her father who usually wakes up at about the same time as hers isn't there. The bed is already fixed. She tried to look all over. "Hmm, he might be in his bathroom!" she said all giggly. "papa, papa? es-to ?" She said while knocking multiple times at the bathroom door. Still, there was no response. Hélène started to feel anxious. "He said he will be here with me, how come I can't find him?" Hélène said as she got outside.

She was met by one of their servants in the hallway. "as-tu vu mon père?" she asked. "non mademoiselle, Je suis désolé!" the servant replied and then took her to leave. She continued with her search until she got to their main entryway. There she found him laying, with a bullet entry on his head. Hélène made a silent cry. Her tears run down her face endlessly, and no words came out of her mouth. She didn't realize that her Grandmother was at her back. "que s'est-il passé ici?" but there was no response from Hélène, she was sitting on the floor for who knows how long, stroking her father's hair full of blood. Eva hugged her granddaughter and yelled as she calls for help.

PRESENT

About an hour passed and no one still talking. Both of them are in their separate worlds. Hélène didn't realize that Jean was on his hobby of staring at her, again. "Hmm?" Hélène said out of the blue. "I'm sorry!" Jean replied as he looked away feeling shy. " I think I have something to tell you, after my first mission," Jean said with a shaky voice. "Ow-kay?" Hélène replied with a puzzled tone.

They were halfway through their drive when Hélène decided to make a stopover. "Hungry?" she asked. "Yes, very," Jean replied while playfully touching his stomach. "Okay, I'll make a stop at the next fast food or Restaurant we will see!" Hélène said as she feels hungry too. 5 minutes passed and she parked her red viper car in the parking lot. Jean got down and lead the way. Hélène followed him and she started to observe Jean from afar. As they were walking on their way to the Restaurant. She had some flashbacks again.

Flashback to 14-year-old Hélène

A few months after her father passed, Hélène could only be found in three places in their Chateaux, her room, where she spends 75℅ of her time. Her father's room 15% of her time and the 10% goes to their family library. Eva is getting more worried about her. She won't join her in their Dining Room. She gave her food delivered by their servants every mealtime. "ma Princesse, prends du Soleil et manger avec moi à la table à manger!" Eva told her during one of her visits to her room. Hélène honored her grandmother's request for one whole day, but she gets back to not joining her after that.

One day, she found a letter addressed to her father. It has been opened and had a rose seal.

  It has been opened and had a rose seal

It wrote:

Mon fils, tu es mon seul et unique héritier vivant. Vous ne pouvez pas vous enfuir pour ce pour quoi vous êtes conçu.

je t'aime!

Ton papa,
Antoine

TRANSLATED VERSION:

My son, you are my one and only living heir. You can't run away from what you are designed to do.

I love you!

Your Papa,
Antoine

Hélène was shocked at what she had learned.
"Grandfather?" "Living Heir?" tons of questions came into her innocent mind. She did not know that she still have a grandfather, all she knows was that her father was orphaned at a young age.

A/n: Hello! I missed posting my updates. It's been a while, family stuff happens every day you know? Hehe. Anyways, hmm, a lot of revelations in this chapter. Are you ready for more? Please stay tuned!

My additional fave person: JimVarmy thanks so much for all your comments and votes. And for being so into the story. Borahae💜

If you like this chapter please give it a ⭐and comment with your thoughts. Hope y'all have a Great Day ahead!

Borahae 💜

xoxo

poijeunaibi 🖤