Let's start over

TW: Cursing, fighting.

Hey, It's Liz. If I didn't pick up then I'm most likely ignoring you on purpose. Feel free to not leave a message.

Hey, so I was out applying for jobs, yes real jobs. And I uh, happen to run into one of our old buddies Badger out on the streets. He's the same as he was in high school, goofy, and somehow managed to lose more brain cells if that's even possible. Anyway, we're going out tomorrow to do some, um,  work and shit and I'd really appreciate it if you came... You are way more talented than any of us when it comes to this stuff. So, uh, come to my place in the morning... Only if you want of course. Yeah, hope to see you tomorrow.

The voicemails started to become a regular part of my day

The voicemails started to become a regular part of my day. I would sit in the kitchen, listening to the way he spoke so peacefully, so full of emotion on the other end of a phone.

 I began to believe him on the second day.

I started to miss him on the fourth.

And here I was one week later, his big metal gate never looking so intimidating. The RV was still parked in his driveway and my forehead was sweating from a mixture of pointless nerves and the heat. Finally pushing myself to walk in after 10 minutes of awkward standing. I had strode only a few steps inwards when my eyes fell upon Jesse's figure, digging through an opened box in the wide garage. I gulp down the air that seemingly escaped my lungs, questioning why I was so nervous until his body turned my way and his eyes met mine. Seconds maybe minutes passed of us just staring at one another when finally his lips lifted to reveal a wide grin, beginning to jog my way in a dazed state. But there was no impact. He had stopped a few feet away, not knowing where we currently stood in terms of our emotions. But I dissipated his worries when my arms pulled him forward into an embrace, and I could personally feel the tension roll off of his body. His longer arms cascaded down my shoulders, trapping me in this position whilst his head came to rest on my shoulder. His light breath spanned over my neck.

"Did you get my messages?" His airy words ticked my body as I smiled.

"Yeah, didn't take you for such a sap Pinkman."His body raised with his chuckles, as he seemingly pulled me in tighter, his arms intertwining behind me, as his chin came to rest on my head. It was rather intimate, a fact I didn't care to admit to myself until the moment seemed to pass.

"Are you shitting me, or are you hugging Lizzy Peterson herself." Badger's yell pulled us both apart, as he stood next to the RV, looking as smug as he did 6 years ago.

"Fuck off Badger, I'm not the Queen of England." I smile, my words holding no violent intention as I walk up to pull him into a quick hug. Vastly different from the one I shared with Jesse only moments before.